Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 05:57 PM

169 posts, read 386,993 times

Advertisements

Love, love Fall and Winter. We are already planning ski weekends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 09:51 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,621,739 times
It's almost "cold" outside tonight! LOL I have just been miserable this summer and the electricity bill I got today proves it!

Old 08-31-2011, 06:26 AM

414 posts, read 909,223 times
Even with these nights into the low to mid 50's some idiots STILL run their AIR CONDITIONERS! WHY????? These are the perfect nights to open the windows, let the fresh cool air in, and fall asleep listening to the crickets.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:55 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,480,058 times
I run my AC/Fan at night because I'm the World's Lightest Sleeper and will wake up to even the sound of crickets. As much as I want to sleep with the window open, it's inevitable that some minute sound will happen outside and wake me up. This is even with earplugs in! The AC doesn't kick on most of the night because it's so chilly out, so really it's just the system fan running. I haaateee being a light sleeper!

I wake up to the sound of someone blinking their eyes. It's crazy. But - I LOVE the nighttime weather before I sleep...

Old 08-31-2011, 07:11 AM

2,136 posts, read 5,323,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by United_Caps_Skins_Fan View Post
Even with these nights into the low to mid 50's some idiots STILL run their AIR CONDITIONERS! WHY????? These are the perfect nights to open the windows, let the fresh cool air in, and fall asleep listening to the crickets.
This idiot has allergies.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:42 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,298,610 times
I am loving this weather and really hope it is here to stay, but I am not going to get my hopes up yet.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmurphy View Post
This idiot has allergies.
Sorry you have allergies, but....

Waaaaah.

Seriously, what must people BEFORE AC have done? *ghasp*. I guess you run the AC when its in the 30s too. (im being sarcastic)

I dont understand why some people now adays are so incredibly dependant on some things and/ or need to be coddled. I sneeze sometimes too, im not allergy immune, but if I ahve the chance to enjoy fresh air and use less energy, then Ill do it. The only time of year that is nice that I MIGHT not use open windows is in the spring during HEAVY pollen season, because I don't really like a heavy neon green/ yellow powder all over everything inside. I usually don't turn on the AC until the outdoor temps go above 84. I can understand using it if its hot, ok, but when its 45 or 50 outside at nite? Never saw nor heard of this when I was a kid. Everyone simply opened their windows. Now its like half the people are afraid they will die if they breath outside air or something.

But honestly, my whimpy *ss neighbors run their AC almost year round. It almost never shuts off unless it drops below about 45. Sorry, but that to me is just ridiculous. But hey, whatever floats your boat! If you wanna have a power bill thats tripple mine, I guess go for it.

EDIT: Also, just in time for the holiday weekend the heat is coming back. Mid 90s by the weekend. Glad its going to be in the mid 60s or so up in the mountains where we are going! =o) Have a great holiday weekend!

Old 08-31-2011, 05:48 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,621,739 times
Not sure why others have their panties in a wad over others running their ac. You don't pay the bill do you? Mine is running now and will be on while I sleep tonight.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:06 PM

whoop de doo! Good for you! Enjoy the stale indoor air and the excessive power bill! Ill be enjoying the crisp, chilly fresh air tonight once again and loving my lower power bill. Yay Fall like weather! It's only the beginning of Sept though, so I bet that even I'm not totally done with the AC this year yet. More heat on the way.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:15 AM

154 posts, read 455,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutrach View Post
Starbucks starts serving their Pumpkin Spice Lattes on Thursday (9/1). They might even start using their red cups at this time also. These things let me know fall is here and make me smile :-) Fall is by far my favorite season...missed it so much when we were living in Cali. Can't wait for the leaves to start changing color!!
Correction: Starbucks doesn't start serving their Pumpkin Spice Lattes until next week (9/6 I believe). I was really bummed when I want to Starbucks this morning and was told that they wouldn't have it until next week. Oh well...I hear Dunkin Donuts is now serving their version.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia