Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 09:54 AM

6 posts, read 26,228 times

Advertisements

We are most likely going to buy a house there, but I would love to hear from people who actually live there. What do you like/dislike? Is it very family friendly? Do you like the schools your kids go to?

Thank you a lot!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 11:27 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf12 View Post
We are most likely going to buy a house there, but I would love to hear from people who actually live there. What do you like/dislike? Is it very family friendly? Do you like the schools your kids go to?

Thank you a lot!!!!

It all depends on whether you house is inside or outside the gate that determines your "social status" in the community. The residents are very particular. Apparently, homes outside the gate are considered "second class citizens".

Old 02-15-2012, 11:56 AM

30 posts, read 126,797 times
I know a couple of families who live inside the gates and they love it. Of course there are some snobs in the development, but you will discover the "average Joe" there as well. Also the schools (elementary, middle, high) which BCC attend are top notch in Loudoun County. I don't think you will be disappointed!!

Old 02-15-2012, 12:09 PM

92 posts, read 201,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
It all depends on whether you house is inside or outside the gate that determines your "social status" in the community. The residents are very particular. Apparently, homes outside the gate are considered "second class citizens".
Well, it stands to reason that if you live in an $800K home, you don't want to associate with the meth addicts and impoverished genetic garbage who live in the $500K homes around the corner.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:21 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,962,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuster View Post
Well, it stands to reason that if you live in an $800K home, you don't want to associate with the meth addicts and impoverished genetic garbage who live in the $500K homes around the corner.
But it's not "old money" so they have nothing to be uppity about.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:04 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,554,002 times
We looked there last fall, but the high HOA dues got our attention. We were told nearly $300 a month, which made me think "special assessment" issue somewhere. We went further south down Belmont Ridge road. Talking to the GC in our neighborhood who is overseeing our development we did pick, who's been around all of this development over the past 15 years, when discussing drainage grading issues, mentioned Belmont CC as an example back in the day of what not to do. Apparently the developer had real issues there and had to regrade a bunch of lots after the fact due to flooding of basements and such. I'd ask some questions about this before buying, just to make sure. Not saying what I'm saying here is fact, just what I heard through the grapevine myself.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:12 PM

199 posts, read 672,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC211 View Post
We looked there last fall, but the high HOA dues got our attention. We were told nearly $300 a month, which made me think "special assessment" issue somewhere.
It's because you have to pay for at least a "social membership" to the country club if you're a resident.

Belmont Country Club - Membership FAQs

Old 02-18-2012, 12:07 PM

467 posts, read 1,522,123 times
I live in BCC. The inside/outside the gates thing is both real and deeply stupid. I live "outside" and find the people to be very nice. A sizable minority of the "inside" people are very snooty, as are their children.

The HOA fees are actually reasonable - the fees cover lawn maintenance, snow removal, cable TV (yes), Internet service, and the social membership for the country club (which may or may not be worthless), in addition to normal HOA stuff.

Family friendliness depends on where in BCC you live - its a large community. Schools are excellent

Old 02-19-2012, 07:41 AM

448 posts, read 870,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looktowindward View Post
I live in BCC. The inside/outside the gates thing is both real and deeply stupid. I live "outside" and find the people to be very nice. A sizable minority of the "inside" people are very snooty, as are their children.
Wow, I had no idea about that. (Kind of reminds me of Dr Seuss' "Butter Battle" book) But only been here a few months and I live "inside". Thing is that many of the homes "outside" are nicer than those "inside". But then again, I probably wouldn't notice things like that since I am a very private person (and don't like snobs). I HAVE noticed however that many in Ashburn in general are snooty towards those in Sterling.

Human beings never cease to amaze me in building these social constructs. I figure in about five years or so that those who live in the developing Creighton Farms (which will be Belmont on steroids) can look down upon all of us in Eastern Loudoun. In light of this, for those that have not seen the film "The Joneses", please check it out. I think many will find that it hits home

All that being said, I like the community so far, and my kids (11 and 8) have quickly made friends and love it as well. It is very family friendly

Old 02-19-2012, 01:05 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,950,412 times
I have visited there for a function and like all gated communities it was a huge pain the butt. My GPS took me to the closest gate, but there was no attendant so I couldn't get in. A line formed because no one could figure out how to operate the magic gate to let us in. Finally a resident came by and told us how to go ALL the way around the complex to a gate where an attendant would grant us entry to the country club. What a pain! Who the heck needs a gated community in ASHBURN? Or Leesburg? The last time I was in River Creek in Leesburg I got trapped on the INSIDE and couldn't get out because all but one gate is closed after some magical hour in the evening. My GPS didn't know that. Gated communities are just plain silly. If the neighborhood is so dangerous that it requires fences and gates, live somewhere else. Your friends will hate visiting you in these silly gated communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia