Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 09:20 AM

4 posts, read 8,038 times

Advertisements

Best Bakery in Winchester?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 10:26 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,441,179 times
Can't remember the name but there is one on Valley Avenue (Rt 11) south across from Creekside Shopping Center, next to Classic Touch Interiors.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:05 AM

3,315 posts, read 10,087,071 times
I think this one is new. If not, there's another new one in the area (I think it's a cupcake shop?). I'll try to get the name:
Sweet Sunset Bakery - Winchester, VA

You can order from these folks but they don't have a store. They accept orders and deliver but work from their houses:

Sheila's Sweets
www.sheilassweets.com/

The Old Town Bakery
http://theoldtownbakery.com/

Go on "Winchester Food" on FaceBook and ask. I think there's been some dialogue on bakeries in Winchester: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Winchester-Foods/142478799168656W (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Can't remember the name but there is one on Valley Avenue (Rt 11) south across from Creekside Shopping Center, next to Classic Touch Interiors.
This, I believe, is The Sweet Tooth Bakery, Inc. We heard about them and tried some things but not very impressed. They brag about their iccing but it was too sweet and not much difference than the something from an el cheapo section of a supermarket. Plus they were kind of snobby.

Take a look at these reviews; the reviews are mixed: The Sweet Tooth Bakery Inc - Winchester, VA

Also, Martins Supermarkets have a very good bakery. We get pies from them (yummee!!) and sometimes mini-brownies, gourmet cookies, or rugalach for office parties and such. Worth checking out. there are 2-3 Martin's in Winchester.

Of course there's COSTCO and Walmart, depending what you need.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:12 AM

Two more to add to the list (their pics look great!):

The Cake Boutique
The Cake Boutique in Washington, D.C./VA

Frosted Crumbs
Frosted Crumbs

Old 08-10-2012, 07:47 PM

23 posts, read 71,836 times
I've tried Cupcake Novelties and they were really good! The work was very well done and the cupcakes tasted moist and yummy. Being new to the area, i was glad to find a great bakery in Winchester! Heres their info: Home - Cupcake Novelties - Gourmet Cupcakes, Cake Pops, Cookies & Cakes, Edible Cupcake Arrangements, Cupcake Bouquets, Cupcake Gifts & Edible Image Cupcakes for all occasions! and Cupcake Novelties | Facebook

Tried Sweet Tooth bakery at a friend's son' birthday, the cake was dry and my neighbor got a cake from Frosted Crumbs for a baby shower and it all crumbled in front of the guests! My neighbor was so embarrassed!

Old 08-15-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva22 View Post
I've tried Cupcake Novelties and they were really good! The work was very well done and the cupcakes tasted moist and yummy. Being new to the area, i was glad to find a great bakery in Winchester! Heres their info: Home - Cupcake Novelties - Gourmet Cupcakes, Cake Pops, Cookies & Cakes, Edible Cupcake Arrangements, Cupcake Bouquets, Cupcake Gifts & Edible Image Cupcakes for all occasions! and Cupcake Novelties | Facebook
WOW, these are some gorgeous cupcakes!
Can't wait to try them and thanks for sharing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia