Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2012, 12:13 PM

2 posts, read 11,541 times

Advertisements

Hi there
We are a family of three (my son is two). We also have two 75 pound choco labs. My husband will be transfered to the 22406 zip code for work. We are trying to decide where to live?? Any input would be very helpful. We are looking at places near stafford market place and england run area as well as the north side of fredericksburg. Is there ANY places that are a bad area that you would not want to be outside after dark or let your kids play outside in these areas. Like I said before any advice would be wonderful as we have never been to this area before and do not know anyone in this area. Thanks!
Any other areas where we may want to look please feel free to let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 09:29 PM

20 posts, read 72,550 times
I've only lived around here for a year, so other people on this forum will probably be a lot more helpful. I live a few minutes away from Stafford market place and i can say i have never had a problem not feeling safe. My fiance and i like to drive around the different neighborhoods at night and we've never run into anything that would make me feel at all uncomfortable. There seems to be a lot of young families around here as i see kids out playing and younger couples out walking their dogs all the time. I've only been to Fredericksburg at night a few times and never had any problems, but i know it's a bigger area so you'll probably have more crime there. Fredericksburg also seems to have more rundown "ghetto" neighborhoods than Stafford, but again that's just my opinion. The only thing that i personally think is better about Fredericksburg than Stafford is that there's a ton more to do. Stafford is definitely more of a commuter town with the basic stuff like Walmart, Target, tons of fast food chains, and a bunch of grocery stores. Fredericksburg has a really interesting downtown area with lots of unique little shops and way more to do. If i personally had to chose between the two i'd probably stay in Stafford since it's easy enough to go down to Fredericksburg for something to do during the day, but it's also easier to go up to DC.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:30 AM

18 posts, read 96,078 times
I grew up in Stafford (22554 and 22556) and still have family there. If your husbands job will be in Falls Church (22406) please do yourself a favor and DO NOT move to Fredericksburg. It's already going to be a tough commute for him if he works traditional hours so no need to make it worse by moving farther. Stafford is a great area - lots of families, military, shopping, good schools. Go for it!

Old 08-10-2012, 11:52 AM

2,380 posts, read 4,514,815 times
If he is working in Falls Church then I'd even be looking at Lake Ridge/central PWC if at all possible. Fredericksburg/Stafford is great if you're working along the I-395 corridor not so much otherwise.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:43 PM

6,556 posts, read 8,384,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sbabe View Post
I grew up in Stafford (22554 and 22556) and still have family there. If your husbands job will be in Falls Church (22406) please do yourself a favor and DO NOT move to Fredericksburg. It's already going to be a tough commute for him if he works traditional hours so no need to make it worse by moving farther. Stafford is a great area - lots of families, military, shopping, good schools. Go for it!
22406 is Fredericksburg.

Falls Church is 22046.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:55 PM

2 posts, read 11,541 times
Thank you all kindly for the great information! Anymore information is gladly accepted :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia