Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 05:47 PM

531 posts, read 1,430,841 times

Advertisements

I would hire an attorney and draw a diagram to explain the situation. It should not be too difficult to have your charge dropped if you have a clean driving record and was indeed confused by the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 07:58 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,082,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnewsmama View Post
I would hire an attorney and draw a diagram to explain the situation. It should not be too difficult to have your charge dropped if you have a clean driving record and was indeed confused by the situation.

Charges dropped for turning around and driving the wrong way?

There were probably signs at the last turn off 'Road closed ahead", which the OP ignored or didn't see.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:28 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,269,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnewsmama View Post

Judges don't drop reckless driving tickets because someone was confused. When you operate a vehicle that is capable of killing others you have an obligation to operate it in a safe manner. If someone doing something like this would you want the judge to drop the charge because the person was confused?
I'm not saying the OP can't get help in getting the charge reduced but giving them hope that it will be dropped is just foolish.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:34 AM

9,888 posts, read 14,171,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post

There were probably signs at the last turn off 'Road closed ahead", which the OP ignored or didn't see.
Actually, I've seen this situation before. It happens when the lights go out at a major intersection. The police set up cones and flares so your only option is to make a r-hand turn. While it might seem confusing from afar, as you approach, it's easy (in my opinion) to see that they are funneling you to make a right. I saw this happen on Rt 50, after the deracho.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:15 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,082,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Actually, I've seen this situation before. It happens when the lights go out at a major intersection. The police set up cones and flares so your only option is to make a r-hand turn. While it might seem confusing from afar, as you approach, it's easy (in my opinion) to see that they are funneling you to make a right. I saw this happen on Rt 50, after the deracho.

There were options, did you turn around and go the wrong way?

Different situation but ... Deals with common traffic laws.
A couple years ago the traffic light was out at a somewhat major intersection so the police had set up movable stops signs at all four corners, and two cop cars sat at the intersection and a more down each street, it was amazing the amount of people that ignored the stop sign and went right through the intersection without stopping or just slowing down, at which time the cop pulled them over and sited them.
Was all this a fund raising program by the city?? Maybe, but if you followed the law you didn't make a contribution to the city.

In EVERY State when a traffic light is malfunctioning it becomes a stop sign.

What defense could any of those people have for not stopping?

Old 09-07-2012, 07:57 AM

531 posts, read 1,430,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Judges don't drop reckless driving tickets because someone was confused. When you operate a vehicle that is capable of killing others you have an obligation to operate it in a safe manner. If someone doing something like this would you want the judge to drop the charge because the person was confused?
I'm not saying the OP can't get help in getting the charge reduced but giving them hope that it will be dropped is just foolish.
I used the wrong word. By "dropped" I meant to say "reduced to a lesser offense".
If like he said, so many orange cones were on the road that he could not even see the opening for cars to go through, the fault was not completely his. Last time I went to court, I saw a lot of people's RD offences reduced to improper driving, etc. If OP has a clean record, he probably can get his charge reduced with the help of a good attorney too.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:31 PM

707 posts, read 1,411,498 times
I would get a lawyer you don't want reckless driving on your record its not good at all. Now if you don't get a lawyer you need to plead guilty and ask the judge to please drop the charges if you agree to go to driving school. Its no guarantee some judges will go for it some won't thats where the lawyer comes in, they usually know who they're dealing with and what your chances are when you decide which course of action to take.
Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia