Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 11:33 PM

165 posts, read 202,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity View Post
Please provide an example of such rhetoric.
I'm seriously not going to keep responding to comments that have answers that are so self-evident. How about Joe Biden's remark about Republicans putting them "back in chains." Biden: Romney’s approach to financial regulation will ‘put y’all back in chains’ Democrats live off of race, class, and gender warfare. There isn't much left of them without it.

What about this initiative that had no approval from congress. You'll have to cut and paste the link.
Obama To Unleash Racial-Preferences Juggernaut

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-perspective/110812-632759-obama-to-wield-bigger-disparate-impact-club.htm?fb_action_ids=548980895117427&fb_action_t ypes=og.likes&fb_ref=top&fb_source=other_multiline &action_object_map={%22548980895117427%22%3A422916 921109083}&action_type_map={%22548980895117427%22% 3A%22og.likes%22}&action_ref_map={%225489808951174 27%22%3A%22top%22}

ILD, if you want to blame me, I keep telling you that you're with the wrong party. You should join Joe Biden too. Fact is that Republicans spent decades pandering to minorities instead of protecting our borders and our culture, and trying to assimilate immigrants. Now they rule us and it's going to be utter hell.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:16 AM

1,403 posts, read 2,150,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOCCC View Post
ILD, if you want to blame me, I keep telling you that you're with the wrong party. You should join Joe Biden too.
That's hilarious. Tell me: what have you done to increase the voter turnout for the Republican party? What have you done to advance the conservative agenda of limited government, free enterprise, traditional moral values and robust national defense? Please do tell.
Quote:
Fact is that Republicans spent decades pandering to minorities instead of protecting our borders and our culture, and trying to assimilate immigrants. Now they rule us and it's going to be utter hell.
You are right. We should all just give up and sit on our behinds and blame the darkies like you do.

Or... we could follow Victor Davis Hanson's advice: The Latino-Vote Obsession - Victor Davis Hanson - National Review Online

Quote:
The model for Republicans should be the Italian immigration experience. Italian-Americans were once a monolithic Democratic pool of millions. But, as immigration from Sicily and the rest of Italy greatly slowed down, and as the natural course of American capitalism brought Italian-Americans into the middle class and differentiated them into subclasses of higher and lower incomes, “Italian” ceased to be an ethnic straitjacket. Today, Italian-Americans may vote partly on the basis of tribal pride, but not in any predictable political pattern. Italian conservatives have no problem voting against Andrew Cuomo or Nancy Pelosi, while liberal Italians did not particularly rally to Rudy Giuliani. The 30 percent of Latinos who opposed Barack Obama may suggest that we are seeing the beginning of such a phenomenon.

What, then, should Republicans do? Stick to their melting-pot principles and apply them across the board, regardless of race and tribe, emphasizing the content of our characters rather than the color of our skins. Of course, avoid gratuitous polarization and loose talk. Close the border, and invest in the formidable powers of American assimilation, integration, and intermarriage to achieve for a soon-to-be-closed pool of Latinos what it has already done for Japanese and Italians. Consider the DREAM Act only if it is coupled with deportation of many of those who do not meet its requirements and with employer sanctions and border enforcement. A particular Italian-American may sometimes be indistinguishable to the eye from a particular Mexican-American, but the former does not qualify for affirmative action, does not take Italian Studies courses, is not labeled a victimized minority because of ethnic affinity with millions of poor Sicilian newcomers — and is not beholden any longer to the Democratic party.
Let me repeat the specific part that concerns YOU: "Of course, avoid gratuitous polarization and loose talk."

Yeah, I know, Dr. Hanson is a Joe Biden liberal like I am and we should all just join the Democrats.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaLimaDelta View Post
That's hilarious. Tell me: what have you done to increase the voter turnout for the Republican party? What have you done to advance the conservative agenda of limited government, free enterprise, traditional moral values and robust national defense? Please do tell.
You are right. We should all just give up and sit on our behinds and blame the darkies like you do.

Or... we could follow Victor Davis Hanson's advice: The Latino-Vote Obsession - Victor Davis Hanson - National Review Online

Let me repeat the specific part that concerns YOU: "Of course, avoid gratuitous polarization and loose talk."

Yeah, I know, Dr. Hanson is a Joe Biden liberal like I am and we should all just join the Democrats.
I am going to avoid a mud fight over the fictional version of me that you have created. You would be wrong about many of them, esp the part about me not being involved in politics.

I would encourage people to read the article that you posted. It cites examples of the hate spread by the left that has created the most divisive election of a lifetime and possibly since the Civil War.

How would the natives of any country feel if a group of people moved in and immediately received job preferences? The author is darn right that Hispanics see affirmative action as a path to success -- at the expense of the dashing of dreams and careers of the white natives here. Whites are an underclass in the job market and under the law. Most graduate students in math and science in our universities come from overseas. I know, we're inferior, and that's why they get our taxpayer supported education.

I've been brow-beaten all of my life about the benefits of diversity. It never goes the other way, though. No one talks about discrimination against whites, or outreach to them. Now the new privileged class has voted as a powerful racial block and denied native Americans their choice of president. This includes forcibly placing us into government approved healthcare (even under private plans) and it is becoming clear that they plan to cut money to older patients (those too old, too white people) and let us die early in our old age.

As the previous post mentions, Obama has dozens of schemes that he's going to use to take more money from whites. This time through the Justice Department, but there are more that I haven't mentioned. The way that we are being treated is sick.

If there were any decency from our new rulers, they would talk about getting rid of affirmative action and reaching out to us. I know, it's all our fault. You're just another immigrant too, beating up on the native population. Seriously, a lot of us are getting pretty damned upset.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:41 AM

1,403 posts, read 2,150,263 times
Quote:
I am going to avoid a mud fight over the fictional version of me that you have created. You would be wrong about many of them, esp the part about me not being involved in politics.
Then do tell. Better yet, tell me what you plan to do about bringing about a conservative resurgence -- other than endlessly blaming darkies. Please, I want to hear your plan.
Quote:
I would encourage people to read the article that you posted. It cites examples of the hate spread by the left that has created the most divisive election of a lifetime and possibly since the Civil War.
Although I do not condone anti-white hate or any other anti-[insert ethnicity] hate, your rhetoric is over the top with no sense of history. Yes, Democrats have lots of race baiters. Yes, I detest them. But, really? The worst hate since the Civil War? Ever see a movie called "Mississippi Burning"?
Quote:
How would the natives of any country feel if a group of people moved in and immediately received job preferences?
I would feel pretty frickin' bad. And guess what? I still do even if I am not a "native." And let me assure you that I do not get "preferences." Never did. I did put myself through school working and living in a basement on a $600-700 a month budget though. Ate lots of ramen, walked 5-10 miles a day. It was hard to gain weight. Never bitched once about not being given preference. Just worked hard and earned and then invested enough money that I never had to work again.
Quote:
Most graduate students in math and science in our universities come from overseas. I know, we're inferior, and that's why they get our taxpayer supported education.
Are you suggesting we force underqualified students -- whatever their race -- to study math and science? Sorry to tell you this, but quite a few of our fellow Americans are too lazy and avoid hard science. Beating up on Asians who do study science isn't going to change that.
Quote:
No one talks about discrimination against whites, or outreach to them.
You clearly don't read the news (try NRO, Weekly Standard, etc. which often feature stories of discrimination against whites; ever hear of the white evangelical base strategy of the Bush years?).
Quote:
You're just another immigrant too, beating up on the native population.
Are you suggesting I am "beating up" on my wife and children, for they are native-born here. What a strange creature you are. You hate non-white immigrants so much that your brain just explodes when one of them turns out to be a die-hard conservative, doesn't it? What convolutions your mind must go through to convince itself that I am a leftie. It's almost comedic.
Quote:
Seriously, a lot of us are getting pretty damned upset.
Yeah, I am very upset about the election myself though I am not surprised (did text all my friends that "I vote for secession" in a fit of a minor despair). But I guess I don't belong in this "us" category you set out for yourself. Thanks for the inclusion, pal. I wonder why uncommitted and apolitical non-whites think that conservatives are racists.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:30 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,244,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaLimaDelta View Post
Yeah, I am very upset about the election myself though I am not surprised (did text all my friends that "I vote for secession" in a fit of a minor despair).
Don't secede, self-deport!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:56 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,557,923 times
Quote:
How would the natives of any country feel if a group of people moved in and immediately received job preferences?

I've long thought it would be reasonable to remove hispanics who are NOT Puerto Rican or long-settled (and so experienced historic discrimination in the USA) from the protected groups (the same arguments would argue for removing asians, and blacks not long settled) Problem is there doesn't seem to be a constituency for keeping affirm action but rationalizing it.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
I've long thought it would be reasonable to remove hispanics who are NOT Puerto Rican or long-settled (and so experienced historic discrimination in the USA) from the protected groups (the same arguments would argue for removing asians, and blacks not long settled) Problem is there doesn't seem to be a constituency for keeping affirm action but rationalizing it.
Yes, it's a real dilemma. It doesn't seem likely that these groups would be willing to give up their preferences. As they grow in numbers, this prospect seems even less likely, even as whites become more of a minority.

Do whites just accept their lesser status? It seems like if they had any respect for themselves, they would oppose it in some way. What kind of conflict does this set up? Becoming second class would be a heck of a fate for a people who have been just about the most successful on the earth for much of the last century.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:15 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,557,923 times
Quote:
Yes, it's a real dilemma. It doesn't seem likely that these groups would be willing to give up their preferences. As they grow in numbers, this prospect seems even less likely, even as whites become more of a minority.

Do whites just accept their lesser status? It seems like if they had any respect for themselves, they would oppose it in some way. What kind of conflict does this set up? Becoming second class would be a heck of a fate for a people who have been just about the most successful on the earth for much of the last century.

I don't think rhetoric about respect, second class, or who has been most succcessful on earth really contributes to a discussion of rationalization. I would suggest that this kind of rhetoric has detracted from efforts to rationalize affirmative action.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:15 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,244,985 times
Quote:

Did they just thaw you out from some 1950s era deep freeze? It's not like this happened overnight.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:36 PM

This will solve it for ya: "Naturalization Act of 1790 : That any alien, being a free WHITE person, who shall have resided within the limits and under the jurisdiction of the United States , for the term of two years, may be admitted to become a citizen thereof...."

Just kidding. I know that the people who voted me into second class status have sensitive feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia