Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 10:34 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,282,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvirap View Post
Love love love the food. I placed my first order last year and just re-ordered yesterday. I appreciate the quality more than anything else. You have to try different things they offer to find the items you like best. I didn't really like the seasoned meats very much because I cook using different seasonings. I changed the weight of some items and eliminated others.

So I would wish there were more transparency in the pricing. I also don't like financing made to look like discounts.

That being said, I like the quality. I like that this company has NO food recalls. I like to support small businesses. For those reasons I will order again but will watch very closely the 'sales pitch'. Were it not for that aspect of the process I would be a customer for life. Because of that tho I have to be watchful every time and I don't like that feeling. I am very careful of how I spend, save and invest our hard-earned money.
I discount the "sales pitch" as it's typical small business salesmanship, and the sales guys do rotate out, so you may not get the same ones on a regular basis. So far everybody has been friendly that we've dealt with, even when there's been some little problems to deal with.

But the quality of the meat has been outstanding. We're on our 3rd year with them now and at this point the discounts are so deep that we do spend less than when we were buying at the local supermarket, and the meats are much better quality. The steaks and burgers don't shrink up. The sausage is delicious, the pastas are fresh and restaruant quality (I'm not talking the Barilla stuff that comes with as groceries, but the handmade stuff on their regular list) and the seafood is excellent (the sushi grade Ahi Tuna steaks are outstanding). Do I think the freezer or secondary stuff is overpirced? I do. But it's a much nicer freezer than you find at your local appliance store.

Sorry to burst any bubbles, but I'm not a shill. I've been here on C-D for many years. But I do like and reccommend their service to anyone who likes quality food delivered to their door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 03:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,491 times
Here's my opinion. They are OK...as long as you don't buy the freezer. I'm currently trying to get them to take it back but of course that would mean they lose money so they won't. It is not worth 3000$ but that is what I'm now forced to pay....I want to kick myself everyday for signing up. Tom was no help. Bad service....DONT DO IT

Old 10-06-2014, 06:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,771 times
Default Great Food; Not Worth the Cost

We signed up for Passanante a couple weeks ago, figuring it couldn't hurt to give them a try. Our salesman was nice (not that I really care). More importantly, it seemed like a good opportunity to get some healthy food: organic, free range, antibiotic-free, growth hormone-free, and processed in a small meat packing facility.

Our plan all along, though, was to figure out the actual weight of each product to determine the value (BEFORE our 6 months was up). My spreadsheet documented 83 lbs of meat, 18 lbs of veggies, and a variety of dried goods. For each product, I found top-of-line, non-sale, and non-organic prices on Safeway.com (except for dry goods, where I could find an exact match). It came up to $725 at Safeway, compared to $2100 for Passanante's. This difference of 3.1x equates to $28/lb for fish tenders, $16/lb for bone chicken breasts, and $24/lb for steak burgers. I chose to use non-organic prices as a baseline, knowing that organic can vary widely (from nearly as cheap as non-organic to 50-100% more than non-organic). NO organic is 210% more than non-organic, though.

Punchline: It seems to be a great product, but it's still not worth the price. If you can afford a 100% organic mean/veggie life, then you can find much cheaper alternatives.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:21 PM

2 posts, read 2,771 times
Update: We've had more of the food and it continues to be great quality. They contacted us about our order to let us know it was calculated incorrectly. We're waiting now to see how that will change the overall math.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,236 times
Thumbs down yes, ive tried it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosley06 View Post
Has anyone tried Passanante's Home Food Services to provide them with their meat, poultry, and organic vegetables? Passanante's Home Food Services is a home delivery outfit located in Bristol, PA. My wife and I are thinking about trying it out, but wanted to see if anyone had experience with them.

Thanks,
ive been w/ them for 6 months. loved the convenience, but so much of it was tough. my favorite, salmon was so tough. ive never had tough salmon. stunned. very disappointed. if i were a grocery store girl, buying regular cuts of meat, maybe this would be a step up and i would love it, but im not. i buy food from places like fresh market and earth fare, where i believe the meats are off the chart delicious. this is my last month so, i wont be reordering with them. im disappointed, but hey, life goes on. back to premium. plus i was shocked to see things like made in china and high fructose corn syrup. not for me.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:47 AM

318 posts, read 367,821 times
There are many of these companies that have this quasi scam going on. It's basically a ploy to get you to buy an overpriced freezer, knife set, grill etc.. at 20% interest. Prices are hidden and the pitch only talks about points and monthly payments. Look up county pride food and Colorado prime reviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia