Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 11:51 AM

12 posts, read 55,845 times

Advertisements

Alexandria. Crystal City is overcrowded, loud and vexatious to the spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 01:52 PM

2 posts, read 4,636 times
If you work in Springfield, Alexandria is better ... especially by King Street Metro in Old Town. Btw, Springfield also has a nice apartment complex right by the Metro and the Springfield Mall.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:55 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,765,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalyzeThis View Post
Where can you find where the dog parks are located? I liked this thread, my decision was similar but I was detailed to Crystal City for six months and it is true that after business hours the area "goes to sleep". I've never been to Old Town though, but I heard it is the place to be.
I was stating something I received in the mail (I live in Alexandria, West End) - I know there is one off Duke Street and another off Monroe (DelRay section)... I'm not sure how to find them. I assume if you search for them you'll find them. Sadly our dog passed away and only have a cat now.

But in general, I would recommend Alexandria, Crystal City really seems to me to be "business" very vibrant during the day and early happy hour but them nothing.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:13 PM

43 posts, read 242,181 times
Alexandria, VA - RPCA - Parks - Dog Parks (broken link)

Alexandria is very dog friendly. Many business owners along King Street place bowls of water and treats out front for the canine neighbors.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:37 PM

754 posts, read 1,739,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linux_n_Pontiac View Post
Alexandria, VA - RPCA - Parks - Dog Parks (broken link)

Alexandria is very dog friendly. Many business owners along King Street place bowls of water and treats out front for the canine neighbors.
Thanks for the link!

Is that true about the businesses placing treats/water for dogs? I am considering an apartment complex on King street, and it would be nice to walk my dogs somewhere beyond the confines of the apartment building. Aww they are giving me the puppy dog eyes as I type this

Old 11-05-2007, 07:40 PM

754 posts, read 1,739,001 times
Another question. It seems that the metro tends to run above ground throughout most areas in Alexandria and underground in Arlington? Is this true? I find that many people in the complexes near metros in Alexandria complain about the noise of the metro. This is wildly important to me because I am a very light sleeper. I do not remember ever hearing the metro when I lived in The Pentagon at Metropoliton Row and the metro was right behind my building.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:45 AM

43 posts, read 242,181 times
1) pet friendly Alexandria: Pet Friendly Restaurants, Dog Friendly Restaurants, Dog Pet Friendly Bars, Pet Friendly Travel

2) Metro lines in Alexandria - yellow and blue - all above ground
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia