Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 10:50 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,904,028 times

Advertisements

Regardless where you live in the dmv, watch out for the Diplomatic plates. worse than d/m/v or mini vans (say thank you carlingtonian ) combined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 11:15 AM

377 posts, read 530,565 times
well, that's a given, but really I don't see too many cars with diplomatic plates around, at least not as much as cars with MD plates, I mean like every other car on 66 seems to have MD plates. Are they here on official business? Are they visiting? Are they just passing through? Why do they have to do it at rush hour?

Old 06-28-2013, 12:36 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,904,028 times
I have many Diplo. cars in my apt complex. Living in Eastern FFX, I see them as often as PA auto plates.I live near the"Ministry of Culture/Saudi Embassy" here in Nova. Diplo. cars are not limited to business. They drive them everywhere- Mall, Wegmans, etc....Remember, In Sharia Law countries like SA, women are not allowed to drive. But, I see them driving here so they must get "dispensation". Yes, driving in Niqab.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:32 AM

377 posts, read 530,565 times
seeing all these maryland plates on 66 reminds me of that old song by The Cars "I don't mind you coming here, wasting all my time, cuz when your'e standing oh so near, it makes me lose my mind, yeah!"

Old 07-06-2013, 07:54 AM

6 posts, read 15,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandriaLightHouse View Post
national rankings and statistics would tend to disagree
Really? What about Bethesda-Chevy Chase, Whitman, Walter Johnson, Churchill, Wootton? Don't they compare well to George Mason, Marshall, McLean, etc.? Comparing magnet school to magnet school is only a tiny part of the equation. In any event, I was raised in Chevy Chase and went to B-CC, and have raised my kids in NOVA. I agree overall NOVA and the school systems as well are better. But the top 10 in Montgomery County seem comparable to the top 10 in Fairfax Co. I can also say for a fact that George Mason is ranked near the top in the nation yet they don't send kids to the top colleges at even close to the rate that B-CC does (even when taking size of school into account). So maybe the way schools are being ranked is not in alignment with what the colleges find important.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:33 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,757,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
I'm going to assume that when you say "NoVa" you mean "B-R corridor Arlington."
No. Anywhere from VA to Southern areas has better looking girls. Apparently, it skips MD, then PA girls are amazing, NYC, Boston, etc....

So, Norther Virginia girls all look like models, but the thing is, all the amazing girls that look like Victoria Secret models live near where I live and not Clarendon, Ballston, or VA Square. You'd think that, but they all live else where.

Why would you want to live somewhere loud and crowded all the time? I rather date a girl away from there, then take a 10 minute cab to Clarendon, and spend $200 on food and drinks, then live at Clarendon and spend $50 on food and drinks, because Clarendon housing market is that opportunistic for poor construction (wood floors, and not concrete).

Besides, the people who live there are superficial, and all from california or have rich parents that pays for everything. - Yes. Honestly, that's not someone who I want to have a relationship with. What does that say about the girl? Someone who never had to go through struggle? She defeats all feminism and hard working guys who had to pay for their college education (1st tier), and had to work hard (without connections) will think they're idiots, like K or Paris. The biggest thing is that most of those guys, who's self made, and will succeed sooner or later and will always survive will think about "what sort of mother this woman make for my child". Yes, this is what guys don't tell girls. All guys think about this at one time or the other. The guy who marries a prostitute without a college degree, if he isn't a dumb ass, he thinks, she's strong, able to handle herself, and able to make it on her own if I'm not there. The guy who marries a billionaires daughter, "she's funny, she got her stuff together, she's down to earth, and she understands that I am not marrying her for her father's money, but I'm ambitious enough to make enough money than the father in law without any financial help, because my balls are made out of steel".

That's how I was raised... But it's hard to meet girls like that in the city, because everyone wears a mask to protect themselves int he public...

Last edited by Plokivos; 08-12-2013 at 10:44 PM..

Old 08-13-2013, 03:09 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,270,667 times
Why does it feel like I'm leaking brain cells when it comes to reading some of the responses on here?

Old 08-13-2013, 07:19 AM

301 posts, read 692,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_In_NOVA View Post
This is all perception, because mine is the total opposite. As a resident of Anne Arundel County for four years in past years (6 years ago when I lived in MD) I would say overall from Baltimore to southern MD, most of VA is cleaner "looking". Also it is my perception that MD is older and NOVA is newer since the post 9/11 boom, and to me that is contributing to the additional cleanliness as compared to MD urban and suburban areas.
My wife, who grew up in Howard County and later worked and lived in MoCo, said this exact same thing after moving to VA.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:48 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,364,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
I have many Diplo. cars in my apt complex. Living in Eastern FFX, I see them as often as PA auto plates.I live near the"Ministry of Culture/Saudi Embassy" here in Nova. Diplo. cars are not limited to business. They drive them everywhere- Mall, Wegmans, etc....Remember, In Sharia Law countries like SA, women are not allowed to drive. But, I see them driving here so they must get "dispensation". Yes, driving in Niqab.

You will also see Saudis, Kuwaitis and Qataris partying hard, dropping big $$$ bills on bottle service at all of the DC lounges/clubs.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:49 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,364,432 times
Plenty of diplomatic plates can be seen in Alexandria/Arlington/Bethesda as well.

And let's not even talk about Tysons Corner Center loll
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia