Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 07:29 AM

3 posts, read 29,874 times

Advertisements

All my friends have moved. Have lived in the Lake Ridge area since 1972. Great place to raise a family but now find myself alone. Looking for new social contacts to do things with. I like to dance (ballroom, country, swing, and a little Latin). Also enjoy cruises, travel, wine tastings, pot luck dinners, tailgating at football games, walking/hiking, happy hours, and general social gatherings. Other activities include shows at Wolf Trap, Kennedy Center, theaters in Washington & Baltimore, dining out and cooking out (don't profess to be a cook but I can light a fire and turn the steaks). I'm a 63 year old male, have all my hair, no tatoos or piercings, 6'4" tall, 200 lbs and straight. I spend the winters in Florida (West Palm Beach area) and the summers in Woodbridge. Would like to find some nice social groups in the Woodbridge, Lake Ridge, Dale City, or Manassas areas to do things with. Although I get along great with the younger crowd I would like to find groups in the 50 and up age group. I would also be interested in groups in the northern Virginia area. I've used my business email address. Please respond to that and I'll get back to you soonest. Thank you. M.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 08:31 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,770,890 times
Are there still bowling leagues around?

Old 10-31-2007, 02:00 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,941,346 times
Church groups and Toastmasters seem to be the two big groups for people in your age group. I understand there is a lively toastmasters group in Lake Ridge, you can probably google it. Even if it isn't your cup of tea if you visit it the people there would probably have suggestions for other groups, especially groups that go dancing and to concerts. I've met quite a few people in toastmasters since moving here and the people I've met also seem to belong to other groups, so I see it as a stepping stone.

Old 10-31-2007, 02:26 PM

3 posts, read 29,874 times
Thanks for your response Normie. Will check it out. M.S.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:59 PM

43 posts, read 242,205 times
Check out Meetup: World's largest community of local Meetups, clubs and groups!

There is more than something for everyone.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:44 PM

1 posts, read 6,429 times
Wink Lake Ridge TM

Yes, Lake Ridge has an active Toastmasters group. Very diverse in terms of ages, ethnicities and interests. Meets every Wednesday at 7:30 at Tall Oaks Community Center on Cotton Mill Rd. Feel free to stop by!

Old 11-15-2008, 01:49 PM

3 posts, read 24,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenMarInvestments View Post
All my friends have moved. Have lived in the Lake Ridge area since 1972. Great place to raise a family but now find myself alone. Looking for new social contacts to do things with. I like to dance (ballroom, country, swing, and a little Latin). Also enjoy cruises, travel, wine tastings, pot luck dinners, tailgating at football games, walking/hiking, happy hours, and general social gatherings. Other activities include shows at Wolf Trap, Kennedy Center, theaters in Washington & Baltimore, dining out and cooking out (don't profess to be a cook but I can light a fire and turn the steaks). I'm a 63 year old male, have all my hair, no tatoos or piercings, 6'4" tall, 200 lbs and straight. I spend the winters in Florida (West Palm Beach area) and the summers in Woodbridge. Would like to find some nice social groups in the Woodbridge, Lake Ridge, Dale City, or Manassas areas to do things with. Although I get along great with the younger crowd I would like to find groups in the 50 and up age group. I would also be interested in groups in the northern Virginia area. I've used my business email address. Please respond to that and I'll get back to you soonest. Thank you. M.S.

Are you still out there? I am interested in the same things as you are and looking to meet others of similar likes. I live in Springfield, Va.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:52 PM

3 posts, read 24,214 times
Have you had success in finding new friends in the area? I just read your post from 2007 and you have very similar interests as I and we seem to be in the same place in time. I live in Springfield, Va and am looking for friends to spend time with. Thanks, Rita

Old 11-16-2008, 08:15 AM

2,090 posts, read 4,246,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linux_n_Pontiac View Post
Check out Meetup: World's largest community of local Meetups, clubs and groups!

There is more than something for everyone.
I second the Meetup website. I've found a great new group of people to play chamber music with on the Meetup.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 4,587 times
Default travel

Hi! I'm over 50 and would love to do events around DC. I live in Triangle VA.

I'm actually looking for a group of people that take vacations together. I love to travel and have no problem going alone. Lately, though, I'm getting tired of explaining to other travelers, etc., that I'm okay traveling alone. I'd love someone to travel with-no romance necessary-just a travel buddy.

If anyone is interested let me know! Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia