Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 11:24 PM

448 posts, read 870,984 times

Advertisements

OK, I know this may be asking a lot, but I just got back from New Orleans and while there on this trip I decided to go ahead and try to charbroiled oysters. I fell in love. So my question: Is there any place in NoVa to get good charbroiled/chargrilled oysters? I know of places to get raw oysters, but none that serve charbroiled come to mind. I did a quick google search and didn't find anything. I did find a couple of DC places, so that is good news in that the entire area is not completely bereft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 08:17 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,607,699 times
I'd call Hank's Oyster Bar in Old Town and ask. They would be my first likely choice. Out west of the Beltway, I'd call Passionfish in Reston and ask. Coastal Flats is another possibility (Tysons & Fairfax Corner)

Old 09-14-2013, 08:37 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,137,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
I'd call Hank's Oyster Bar in Old Town and ask. They would be my first likely choice. Out west of the Beltway, I'd call Passionfish in Reston and ask. Coastal Flats is another possibility (Tysons & Fairfax Corner)
Neither of those three have them on the regular menu, but might occasionally do them as specials. If I remember correctly, Hank's may have had grilled oysters at their annual Oyster Fest (which is in April.)

Old 09-14-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
I'm at Coastal Flats (and other Great American Restaurants) all the time and I know they don't have it (though it would be a great add on). Passionfish's sister restaurant in DC, Acadiana has it though. Remains to be seen how good it is. I'm hoping that it is good.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:51 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Darn, I was just walking by Not Your Average Joe's restaurant last night at the town center area in Woodbridge and "oysters" caught me eye when I glanced at their chalkboard sitting out on the sidewalk. I wish I could remember how they said they were serving them. You might give them a call if you live in that area.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Darn, I was just walking by Not Your Average Joe's restaurant last night at the town center area in Woodbridge and "oysters" caught me eye when I glanced at their chalkboard sitting out on the sidewalk. I wish I could remember how they said they were serving them. You might give them a call if you live in that area.
Thanks for the reply. Their website doesn't have it on their menu. I'm not all that close to Woodbridge, but if I'm in that area, I may stop through there regardless as it looks like a pretty nice spot.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:44 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
Thanks for the reply. Their website doesn't have it on their menu. I'm not all that close to Woodbridge, but if I'm in that area, I may stop through there regardless as it looks like a pretty nice spot.
No, it wouldn't be on their menu as it's very seasonal. It's an interesting place to eat. I've only been there once. As a starter, they bring out these big, warm chunks of foccacia bread with some olive oi based dipping sauce that has herbs and cheese in it. Very rick. Almost ruins your meal!

Old 09-15-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
No, it wouldn't be on their menu as it's very seasonal. It's an interesting place to eat. I've only been there once. As a starter, they bring out these big, warm chunks of foccacia bread with some olive oi based dipping sauce that has herbs and cheese in it. Very rick. Almost ruins your meal!
Gotta try it out the next time I'm in Woodbridge. Thanks for the tip!

Old 09-17-2013, 07:55 PM

754 posts, read 1,739,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
I'm at Coastal Flats (and other Great American Restaurants) all the time and I know they don't have it (though it would be a great add on). Passionfish's sister restaurant in DC, Acadiana has it though. Remains to be seen how good it is. I'm hoping that it is good.

Let us know if you try it and if it is any good. I cannot get enough of seafood

Old 09-18-2013, 07:31 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,607,699 times
Just heard about a place in DC, Rappahannock Oyster Co (Eastern Market, I think) has charbroiled oysters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia