Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 11:44 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,606,551 times

Advertisements

There are a lot of different routes you can take to get to Tysons Corner from the Fairfax Corner and Fair Lakes area. Ultimately, you have three roads that feed into Tysons Corner from the SW: the Beltway, Chain Bridge Rd, and the Dulles Toll Road.

1. Head east on Rt 66, take Beltway North to Tysons Corner Rt 123 exit
2. Head east on Rt 66, left on Rt 123, proceed to Tysons Corner
3. Head east on Rt 29, left on Rt 123
4. Head east on Rt 29, left on Jermantown Rd, left on Rt 123
5. Head east on Rt 50, left on Jermantown Rd, left on Rt 123
6. Head north on Rt 7100 (Fairfax Co Parkway), right on Dulles Toll Rd
7. Head north on West Ox Rd which turns into Reston Avenue in Reston, and take
the Dulles Toll Rd to Tysons Corner

The sixth route will take you within a couple of blocks from the Woodland Park Archstone apartment complex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 02:18 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,006,234 times
I really think you will be fine in Fairfax. The most important thing is that you are in a great neighborhood. The risk here is minimal - you might decide that the commute isn't worth it and you'd rather be closer to work, but you won't, you know, feel like you made a *huge* mistake and life is unbearable. You know what I mean?

PS - Things are fine on my end

Old 11-26-2007, 03:18 PM

41 posts, read 189,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
There are a lot of different routes you can take to get to Tysons Corner from the Fairfax Corner and Fair Lakes area. Ultimately, you have three roads that feed into Tysons Corner from the SW: the Beltway, Chain Bridge Rd, and the Dulles Toll Road.

The sixth route will take you within a couple of blocks from the Woodland Park Archstone apartment complex.
Wow!!!!!!!

So many options u have given me. Thanks a lot. i think one or the other should work fine. Dont u think so?

Old 11-26-2007, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmom7500 View Post
I really think you will be fine in Fairfax. The most important thing is that you are in a great neighborhood. The risk here is minimal - you might decide that the commute isn't worth it and you'd rather be closer to work, but you won't, you know, feel like you made a *huge* mistake and life is unbearable. You know what I mean?

PS - Things are fine on my end
Thanks for supporting me morally on my decision......

Hope we enjoy the neighborhood about which u appreciate so much.... and i think i will finalize with Pediatric Partners of Northern VA which is closer to my home. Can u get me more feedback about them from your contact/s plsssss?????

We will be moving to VA by mid dec.

c u later

Old 11-26-2007, 03:49 PM

Hi,

I'd go to that one place I mentioned and send an email and see what they say. Had the practice been recommended by someone? I don't have any good leads to get any more info on that. As long as you don't have a child with serious health problems, your risks there are also low. You can always switch if needed. You are diligent to be so prepared. My daughter developed (what turned out to be) a strep throat right after we moved here; we were sent to a clinic, and I am still receiving bills, three months later! This simple throat culture cost $900 (to my insurance company); $170+ to me. What is the deal???

In any case, the neighbors sent us to a wonderful practice and all is well, except those bills keep coming from that one short visit ...

Old 11-26-2007, 07:52 PM

PS -

Go to Washingtonian.com and search for "best doctors" ... they do annual lists of the best doctors in the DC area in different categories. However, for pediatricians their lists might be a little bit specialized, not sure. Anyhow, if you've had anyone at all recommend this practice, I would just go with it, at least to start. Trust me, switching doctors is not a big deal at all.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmom7500 View Post
Hi,

I'd go to that one place I mentioned and send an email and see what they say. Had the practice been recommended by someone? I don't have any good leads to get any more info on that. As long as you don't have a child with serious health problems, your risks there are also low. You can always switch if needed. You are diligent to be so prepared. My daughter developed (what turned out to be) a strep throat right after we moved here; we were sent to a clinic, and I am still receiving bills, three months later! This simple throat culture cost $900 (to my insurance company); $170+ to me. What is the deal???

In any case, the neighbors sent us to a wonderful practice and all is well, except those bills keep coming from that one short visit ...

ohh ya i did visit the site given by you and from their only i got to know about the practice which i am mentioning about.
I know to start with it shouldnt be a problem and we can always switch....later on.....
Touch wood i dont have any serious concerns for my son its been regular visits to the doctors office till now.
So no issues i will start off with Pediatric partners of Nova.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:

Can u be bit more elaborative on options 6 and 7 which has Dulles Toll rd? i mean i couldnt get the exact directions from my starting address to ending address.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:40 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,606,551 times
Both Faifax County Parkway and Reston Avenue/West Ox Rd intersect Route 29 in the vicinity of your apartment complex.

1. Turn left on Legato Rd from Dixie Hill Rd.
2. Turn right on Lee Hwy / US-29.
3. Take the second right onto West Ox Rd / VA-608. If you wish to take Fairfax County Parkway, take the third right instead. Both roads will take you directly to the Dulles Toll Rd / US-267.

In order to request an online map for directions to Reston from your new home, you can use the address for the Reston Hospital Center as the destination. It's located two blocks north of the toll road.

1850 Town Center Parkway
Reston, Va 20190

Old 11-27-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Both Faifax County Parkway and Reston Avenue/West Ox Rd intersect Route 29 in the vicinity of your apartment complex.

1. Turn left on Legato Rd from Dixie Hill Rd.
2. Turn right on Lee Hwy / US-29.
3. Take the second right onto West Ox Rd / VA-608. If you wish to take Fairfax County Parkway, take the third right instead. Both roads will take you directly to the Dulles Toll Rd / US-267.

In order to request an online map for directions to Reston from your new home, you can use the address for the Reston Hospital Center as the destination. It's located two blocks north of the toll road.

1850 Town Center Parkway
Reston, Va 20190
Thank u so much!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia