Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 12:11 PM

4 posts, read 9,756 times

Advertisements

I think I have been to nearly every furniture store in NoVA and can't find the right type of sofa set/furniture.
My style is transitional (not classic and not too contemporary.
The stores I have found are either cheap quality, over priced, too old style looking or too contemporary for my taste. I've been to Belfort, Ashley, Bob's, Hamilton's, IMI, Bassett, Haverty's, Arhaus, Marlo, Regency, Crate and Barrel, Restoration Hardware, Potter Barn, etc. and a bunch of other places. I stop whenever I see a place.
I just can't seem to find a good quality but not overpriced sofa, loveseat and seats.
Any stores I may be overlooking? Anything in DC or MD?
I usually don't mind buying on line but for sofas it really is about comfort, feel too which I can't tell on line.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 01:21 PM

241 posts, read 988,807 times
If you could drive to Sterling, try La Monarca furniture there. My brother-in-law bought two sets of sofas from them recently (leather as well as microfiber) and IMHO the quality seemed good at reasonable prices.
1600 S Sterling Blvd
Sterling, Virginia
(703) 444-6200
Be warned that they take at least 2 weeks to deliver.

Value city Furniture in Falls Church is also not too bad. Although the quality doesn't seem that great, its not as bad as it seems. We bought a sectional for our family room from them 5 years ago which has withstood kids jumping on it as well as drink and food spills. It still doesn't look or feel too shabby.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:50 PM

462 posts, read 1,213,669 times
Wolf Furniture has a somewhat new store in Leesburg. Looks impressive on the outside; not sure what's inside as far as price and quality.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:18 PM

206 posts, read 433,241 times
Creative Classics in Old Town Alexandria. Got my sleeper sofa there, had it about 6 months, and I like it a lot. Store and delivery staff were both good too. They sell mostly American Leather brand, which is expensive but good quality. (Despite the name they have tons of fabric options as well.) They have different styles that range from "classic" shapes to more modern.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:29 PM

4,902 posts, read 7,481,669 times
Lazy Boy and Ethan Allen (though more expensive/good quality) in Sterling. Ikea?

Old 09-25-2013, 02:47 PM

173 posts, read 498,689 times
Try West Elm in Tysons or CB2 in Georgetown.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:27 PM

9,900 posts, read 14,207,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvnova View Post
good quality but not overpriced sofa, loveseat and seats.
Seriously, I have found that very good quality furniture is expensive. It doesn't mean that it is over priced. There is a reason the furniture at Marlo is so cheap; it is because it is poorly made. To find a nice selection of well made, quality furniture at prices that aren't as high as retail, you may need to take a wekend trip to the NC manufacturers.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:52 PM

53 posts, read 74,474 times
If you don't mind trekking through a warehouse, you may want to try the Green Front furniture warehouse in Manassas.

My wife and I went through a recent, exhausting search ourselves. And while we didn't ultimately buy a sofa from Green Front, we liked the large selection of quality furniture they had at fairly reasonable prices.

If you're frustrated by other showrooms I'd say this pace is worth at least 1 visit.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:02 PM

23 posts, read 74,777 times
Ikea!!!
We have a house full of mostly Ikea everything. We have three active kids and all of our Ikea furniture is holding up strong. Ikea's Virginia store is at Potomac Mills.

I still have a Thomasville furniture set that I bought in the 90's, when I first got out of college. I remember Thomasville being very expensive but, my family insisted that the cost was worth it for the quality. Looking back, they were correct because that living room set has been through multiple moves and still looks great. Thomasville has a store next to Potomac Mills. I have never been to this store and I do not know if Thomasville has maintained their quality level.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:38 AM

2,765 posts, read 8,345,697 times
value city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia