Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 10:25 AM

8,985 posts, read 21,199,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanial View Post
Thank you all for comments.
I am also looking at some apartments near Potomac Yard Shopping Center (Station at Potomac, Reserve, Glebe House)

Any comments about this area or any of these apartments?
Thanks!
Station and Reserve are both relatively new. Along with Glebe House, they are all aimed at an upscale market. I would anticipate few if any issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 11:17 AM

20 posts, read 19,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
Station and Reserve are both relatively new. Along with Glebe House, they are all aimed at an upscale market. I would anticipate few if any issues.
Thanks,
Just found out that Station is apparently 100% income-restricted community with over a 60-day to 1-year waiting list for availability!

Old 06-27-2014, 11:58 AM

8,985 posts, read 21,199,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanial View Post
Thanks,
Just found out that Station is apparently 100% income-restricted community with over a 60-day to 1-year waiting list for availability!

Oops, guess I was mistaken about the target market for Station. Guess I confused it with some other apartments basically next door to it.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
Oops, guess I was mistaken about the target market for Station. Guess I confused it with some other apartments basically next door to it.
Yeah, I was kinda surprised too because all other nearby apartment complexes are aimed toward an upscale market!

Old 06-27-2014, 01:05 PM

1,630 posts, read 2,364,182 times
Not sure if you have looked at the Sullivan Place apartments yet.

You may have to up your budget by a couple of hundred dollars, but it is upscale and extremely pet friendly (all dogs of all sizes and breeds are allowed as long as well behaved - I have seen Rottweilers and German Shepherds there too!).

Lack of Metro access may be an issue but the apt runs a free shuttle to the Van Dorn metro station every 30 mins (Blue Line)

While not on the Yellow Line, it is a very easy drive to the Hoffman Center, if you will have a car.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:59 AM

Can anyone comment on Delray Tower apartment complex. It's on Mt. Vernon St- they haven't opened yet, pretty pricey but they have an ongoing special - 2 months free rent plus waived move-in fees.
Are they too far from Braddock Metro? How's that area of Del Ray?

Thanks!

Old 07-10-2014, 08:23 AM

2,768 posts, read 3,537,647 times
It's a safe neighborhood. Unless you work in Old Town, I wouldn't recommend using the Braddock Station. The 10 series Metrobus goes down Mount Vernon Avenue and can get you to Pentagon City, Crystal City, Pentagon, Ballston, and Rosslyn in 20-30 minutes (Get on train at Rosslyn or Pentagon if you work downtown).

Metrobus 10

Old 07-10-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
It's a safe neighborhood. Unless you work in Old Town, I wouldn't recommend using the Braddock Station. The 10 series Metrobus goes down Mount Vernon Avenue and can get you to Pentagon City, Crystal City, Pentagon, Ballston, and Rosslyn in 20-30 minutes (Get on train at Rosslyn or Pentagon if you work downtown).

Metrobus 10
My job is actually close to Eisenhower Metro (Hoffman Center), but will be moving in about a year or so to Crystal City, so I am trying to find an apartment that's conveniently located to the both places.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:44 AM

2,768 posts, read 3,537,647 times
That's a good compromise. The 10 will take you to Braddock Metro also and then you can take that two stops and it shouldn't be more than a 20 minute commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia