Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2014, 05:16 PM

106 posts, read 239,702 times

Advertisements

@Community,

I have searched many of the paint/hardware stores in the area and I cannot find this product. RAINCOAT by Rustoleum/Wolman. It is a deak weathering treatment. I have not finished all of my deck and I would like to get it done before it rains. Can anyone let me know where this product can be found because I will drive over immediately. Thank you.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Wolman-5-...-204642361-_-N

Last edited by SunnaH; 06-25-2014 at 05:25 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 07:52 PM

1,339 posts, read 3,465,817 times
why can't you order it online?

Old 06-26-2014, 06:09 AM

That is how I got it originally. I prefer to get it sooner.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:29 PM

Default Update information

UPDATE: I found it. This small business owner has a large line of Wolman's products and a whole lot more supplies for the home. It's a hoe-in-the-wall place but you have to visit if you need specific supplies. I spoke to the owner and he was extremely friendly and helpful. His name is Bill.

Virginia Chemical & Equipment
2825 Dorr Ave
Ste D
Fairfax, VA 22031
(703) 560-9599

Old 06-30-2014, 08:41 AM

160 posts, read 240,905 times
Thanks for updating this thread! It's wonderful to get information on specialized businesses in our area.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:45 AM

529 posts, read 750,223 times
What is special about this product? Is it something like the sealant that's available in homedepot or much better quality.

I need to work on my deck soon.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:38 PM

@LuvVA,

This is the second time I have used it and it produced great results. In all fairness I have not done a proper testing of a few different brands together but I am not a large company with a large budget either.

I was first introduced to Wolman's product after I bought my home four years ago. The reviews, comments and product specs just seemed right for me. I am a proponent of no power washing a wood deck. So, I like doing it the long method and putting some time into it. I learned the steps to do it right by much research in the area and I learned about cleaning, washing, and preparing the existing old deck surface. Please invest in a backpack/regular sprayer. Use Wolman's Deck Brite to clean the wood first.

This time I added one more step before putting the water coating and that was adding an algae deterrent called Borate/Boracare.

This is another video showing the process. In this video he is using the same product but they conceal it. Since I went natural and did not stain I did not have a water coating. Thats where two coats of Wolman's Raincoat come in. I used the water based clear and not the oil based.

This year I did not take before and after pictures but I have included some from the first time which do not have the algae protection. I have included pictures from dirty/start to clean/finished. I hope all this information was helpful in making your decision. Please choose what ever product is right for you and one that you feel comfortable with. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck01.jpg   I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck02.jpg   I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck03.jpg   I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck04.jpg   I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck05.jpg  

I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck06.jpg   I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck07.jpg   I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck08.jpg   I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck09.jpg   I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck10.jpg  

I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck11.jpg   I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck12.jpg   I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck13.jpg   I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck14.jpg   I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck15.jpg  

I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck16.jpg   I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck17.jpg   I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck18.jpg   I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck19.jpg   I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck20.jpg  

I need Raincoat-brand paint please-deck21.jpg  

Old 07-14-2014, 06:28 AM

529 posts, read 750,223 times
SunnaH,

Thank you so much for all the information. This will definitely help me.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia