Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 12:02 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,505,804 times

Advertisements

they're preparing for the ghettofication of Tyson's Mall, like what happened to Springfield mall

Old 07-25-2014, 12:31 PM

921 posts, read 1,134,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
they're preparing for the ghettofication of Tyson's Mall, like what happened to Springfield mall
Truth spoken! The same thing also happened to City Place Mall in Silver Spring, Largo Town Center in Largo, & Wheaton Plaza in Wheaton, MD. The Fairfax County Police set-up special training for the Silver Line opening & they're calling this project "T.U.T." which is short for "Tysons Urban Team" http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...mq1ZNfm5IIRUDA

Old 07-25-2014, 12:45 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,328,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
Truth spoken! The same thing also happened to City Place Mall in Silver Spring, Largo Town Center in Largo, & Wheaton Plaza in Wheaton, MD. The Fairfax County Police set-up special training for the Silver Line opening & they're calling this project "T.U.T." which is short for "Tysons Urban Team" http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...mq1ZNfm5IIRUDA
The Tysons Urban Team has nothing to do with the metro in terms of tactical change, and everything to do with massive high rises that need to be able to surveil the public spaces of.

Moderator Note: Reporting posts and/or contacting a moderator via Direct Message remain the most effective ways to have one's concerns addressed.

Last edited by FindingZen; 07-26-2014 at 06:23 PM..

Old 07-25-2014, 04:25 PM

2,262 posts, read 2,416,266 times
Lol I can't believe there are people who have the time to stress and worry over such trivial things. At the end of the day Tysons is an upscale mall/area and the clientele is middle/upper middle class families, I doubt that will change anytime soon.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:44 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,446,535 times
When I lived in Ballston, it seemed like 75% of the crime there were from people from Maryland; they just transit in and hang around the Ballston bus transfer station for hours and hours looking for crime of opportunities.

The Fashion Center was completely turning ghetto, but I think things have changed for the better there.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:46 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,446,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA_guy View Post
Lol I can't believe there are people who have the time to stress and worry over such trivial things. At the end of the day Tysons is an upscale mall/area and the clientele is middle/upper middle class families, I doubt that will change anytime soon.
They said the same thing about the Bannister Mall in the KC area at one time, it is closed now. They said the same about the Aventura Mall in Florida, but the mall thankfully cracked down on the roving ghetto idiots coming in from Miami Gardens causing problems.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:45 PM

222 posts, read 239,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
They said the same thing about the Bannister Mall in the KC area at one time, it is closed now. They said the same about the Aventura Mall in Florida, but the mall thankfully cracked down on the roving ghetto idiots coming in from Miami Gardens causing problems.
There are metro to Bannister Mall ? There are metro to Aventura Mall?

Old 07-25-2014, 08:23 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,328,905 times
Lol the stupidity has gotten more stupider. Who the hell cares about Miami Gardens or Aventura. I could give a damn about those s-holes. They sound like the exact place I dont want to be.

Heres the thing. All the racist idiots taking this moment to talk about how metro will bring the PG crowd into Virginia dont even live in Tysons. I do. I want the metro. So all you racists go live in Woodbridge where crime evidently doesn't exist. Or Leesburg where crime doesn't exist. Or centreville where crime doesn't exist. This is not to say that those places are dangerous hang outs for "PG folks" or whatever you want to call them today. It is to say that crime happens everywhere, and in fact incidence rates of crime actually go down in urban areas on a per capita basis. SO shut the f up, and if you are so damn pissing your pants afraid; move. Some of us don't drop bricks over the sight of someone who doesnt have an ancestory.com profile with a minimum 6 generations mapped.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:47 PM

301 posts, read 693,164 times

For the record, I'm all for metro in Tysons too. I currently live near Dunn Loring metro (for the past 8 years); prior to this I owned a townhouse across from the Pimmit Library for 8 years; and prior to that, I lived near West Falls Church Metro for 2 years. So I've basically lived in the greater Tysons area for 18 years. During that time I've worked in Tysons for several years as well.

I love Tysons, and I'm 100% for the new metro line...but I must say that I have a small concern (maybe 5%) that the Silver Line could bring some unwanted crowds into the Tysons Corner Malls. If that makes me stupid or a racist, so be it.

Last edited by FindingZen; 07-26-2014 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: deleted orphaned comments

Old 07-25-2014, 08:55 PM

163 posts, read 315,562 times
I don't think it will be a crime wave but there will be more people and more challenges for the FCPD that's for sure. I figure it'll take them a year to get used to the flow of people and how to best allocate their resources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia