Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 11:46 AM

921 posts, read 1,134,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
Yea it was me who created the notion they are "Ghetto" and coming from "East of the Anacostia River"... I perpetuate that. The dog whistles you racists use and then you turn it around and say by people calling you on your fear that "those" people are coming makes those who disagree with you racist.

PS I'm not white, not that non-white people can't be racist.
Sweetie, "Ghetto" is not a racist term. It is social; you're just assuming I'm speaking of race when I say "East of the Anacostia River". By the way, I'm non-white if, likely, you're assuming else wise.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:50 AM

921 posts, read 1,134,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
You got up nice and early today. Did mom make you some oatmeal? Don't forget to mow the lawn before you play your WoW today

Here's the end of the discussion. Metro is coming. Metro police and FFX Co police will be increasing presence in Tysons because 1) The area is growing and more people means you have to have more police, its pretty standard per capita stuff. 2) Metro has its own security concerns as it has to be secure from a Homeland Security stand point 3) The area has seen plenty of shop lifters and theft crimes over the past 10 years (as have all jurisdictions in this area) and so additional police are always needed especially at a premium shopping location like Tysons.

Metro is coming, thats the good news, you little brains with your "ghetto people will come" mentalities lost your argument, and you will lose the war because crime in Tysons will not significantly change from before to after this. Either way, you don't even live here, you are just part of the Herrity fear mongering crowds, looking to make a larger political blathering from a fairly stupid discussion item. I'm with bigfoot, much ado about nothing. Now off you go to pound your first redbull of the day
For your info, I'm an independent woman who gets up early everyday for work & gym. Go back to your barn yard sweetie.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:49 PM

2,768 posts, read 3,544,568 times
I can't help but notice the gall of some of these Republican politicians who have no problem showing up for the photo opp of the Silver Line opening, despite fighting the project tooth and nail for years.

Supervisor Pat Herrity sued to have this project completely stopped.

Delegate Barbara Comstock voted against increase transportation spending in the General Assembly and voted to cut funding from the state for this project. There would be higher tolls on the toll road, if she had it her way.

Sure as hell didn't stop them from trying to take credit. Congressmen Davis and Wolf were actually instrumental though, to their credit.

Old 07-26-2014, 04:57 PM

15,469 posts, read 25,917,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
Sweetie, "Ghetto" is not a racist term. It is social; you're just assuming I'm speaking of race when I say "East of the Anacostia River". By the way, I'm non-white if, likely, you're assuming else wise.
The way it is often used on these forums it is indeed a racist term.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:33 PM

8,994 posts, read 21,224,643 times
Concerns about a potential uptick in crime around the Tysons Corner-area stations are duly noted and have been discussed before. Beyond access to the mega-malls, I believe the purpose of this portion of the Silver Line is to get people to the concentration of jobs in the area. To those who may have regrets about the new stations, I would ask then what the alternative would be. Bulldoze the businesses along Route 7 for an eight-lane highway which would eventually fill up with cars? Build a skyway road where the Metro line currently sits?

I believe this is a time to celebrate a transit solution that will relieve a lot of traffic on the roads. Of course, your mileage may literally vary.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:33 PM

8,994 posts, read 21,224,643 times
BTW, let's cease with the back-and-forth personal attacks. Adhering to this advice will maximize the life of this thread and minimize infractions.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:48 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,447,035 times
Why no parking at Tyson's Corner station? Not even a kiss and ride. I would think walkable area only for the reason, but it is not quite like Clarendon or anything.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:53 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,922,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Why no parking at Tyson's Corner station? Not even a kiss and ride. I would think walkable area only for the reason, but it is not quite like Clarendon or anything.
do they really need to add even MORE cars to Tysons?

I cant wait until snow comes. lets see how metro deals with those elevated tracks.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:55 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,922,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
Concerns about a potential uptick in crime around the Tysons Corner-area stations are duly noted and have been discussed before. Beyond access to the mega-malls, I believe the purpose of this portion of the Silver Line is to get people to the concentration of jobs in the area. To those who may have regrets about the new stations, I would ask then what the alternative would be. Bulldoze the businesses along Route 7 for an eight-lane highway which would eventually fill up with cars? Build a skyway road where the Metro line currently sits?

I believe this is a time to celebrate a transit solution that will relieve a lot of traffic on the roads. Of course, your mileage may literally vary.

I want a 5 level high way that merges onto 495 each a mile apart. I don't know how, but im sure theres an intelligent architect/engineer who could do that

Old 07-26-2014, 08:16 PM

2,768 posts, read 3,544,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
do they really need to add even MORE cars to Tysons?

I cant wait until snow comes. lets see how metro deals with those elevated tracks.
You realize Metro already has lots of elevated tracks right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia