Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 01:11 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,103,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
Lol, yes the 9 high rise cranes currently in Tysons agrees with you too, not to mention the insane amount of people that come here for work/shopping

Conservative troll who hasn't posted anything since posing a question about "best conservative places to live in VA" posts annew! More at 7.

Funny thing is, arent you from southern virginia anyways? 18 months ago you wouldn't have even known what Tysons was... now you are the supposed expert telling people about its future and how everyone who disagrees on that assertion is a propagandist. What a joke.
I wouldn't oversell Tysons to someone wanting an urban, walkable area today, but there is a ton of new construction both planned and currently in progress. Over time, it will evolve into its own urban form.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 02:53 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,323,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB77 View Post
I wouldn't oversell Tysons to someone wanting an urban, walkable area today, but there is a ton of new construction both planned and currently in progress. Over time, it will evolve into its own urban form.
OP said he cared about commute time. I think suggesting he live in Falls Church/McLean as I did is pretty apt for that. In terms of FC and the Commons of McLean area, sure its not Arlington, but it aint Centreville either. Its a middle ground that is evolving. I don't think I've ever come on this forum to say Tysons is more urban than Arlington or DC or Alexandria. What I have said is that the area is not quite there yet, but the prices are better, often its closer to people's jobs, and what it is lacking it is quickly trying to fix.

If one wants to say that is propaganda for Tysons, that's absurd. It's reality, and one that is actually pretty critical of the current conditions by saying that no it isn't urban in context of a DC or Arlington (which is what I always state).

Old 09-03-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
OP said he cared about commute time. I think suggesting he live in Falls Church/McLean as I did is pretty apt for that. In terms of FC and the Commons of McLean area, sure its not Arlington, but it aint Centreville either. Its a middle ground that is evolving. I don't think I've ever come on this forum to say Tysons is more urban than Arlington or DC or Alexandria. What I have said is that the area is not quite there yet, but the prices are better, often its closer to people's jobs, and what it is lacking it is quickly trying to fix.

If one wants to say that is propaganda for Tysons, that's absurd. It's reality, and one that is actually pretty critical of the current conditions by saying that no it isn't urban in context of a DC or Arlington (which is what I always state).
I hadn't meant to suggest in the prior post that you personally were overselling Tysons. If anything, I was agreeing that there's a tremendous amount of activity currently taking place there.

There are certain things lacking in Tysons that no amount of new construction is likely ever to "fix," but it will certainly be interesting to see what evolves there over time.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:18 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,323,938 times
Quote:
I hadn't meant to suggest in the prior post that you personally were overselling Tysons. If anything, I was agreeing that there's a tremendous amount of activity currently taking place there.

There are certain things lacking in Tysons that no amount of new construction is likely ever to "fix," but it will certainly be interesting to see what evolves there over time.
Sorry I wasn't responding towards you with the last one either, was still venting annoyance at the snide comment by the other poster. I think there's plenty Tysons lacks, namely significant history and its huge commercial presence makes it more sterile than other areas, but the rest of it is changing rapidly.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:47 PM

9,887 posts, read 14,169,146 times
Quote:
I wouldn't oversell Tysons to someone wanting an urban, walkable area today,
The OP never mentioned anything about wanting urban or walkable...

Old 09-03-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
The OP never mentioned anything about wanting urban or walkable...
I was responding to the later comment "never move to Tysons" by acknowledging it clearly wouldn't appeal to some people, while challenging the assertion that it is "dying." Perhaps the OP may consider that relevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia