Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 09:45 PM

166 posts, read 153,678 times

Advertisements

There, I said it! It feels so good to get it out! Anyways, I do have reasons why I absolutely abhor transplants but first, background information. I was born in Northern Virginia and I'm a 12th generation Virginian(my ancestors came over to Jamestown). I'm also related to the Lees, the Carters, the Harrisons, and the Randolphs. As you can see, I have deep roots in Virginia and Northern Virginia. Anyways, my reasons to why transplants are no bueno.

1: Transplants have ruined the culture in Northern Virginia. They claim it's "diversification" but it's not. Diversification would be the two cultures side by side. Instead what's happening in NOVA is the transplants are getting rid of the native culture and substituting it for another. That doesn't sound like diversification to me.

2: Most transplants have not only ruined our culture but they've ruined NOVA. NOVA used to be gorgeous with her rolling hills and her beautiful bodies of water. Nowadays, since the transplants need somewhere to live, they ruin Virginia with subdivisions and concrete. NOVA also used to be rural. Prince William County used to be a place you go past to get to Kings Dominion.

3: Transplants have no respect for the natives or other people for that matter. I've noticed something about the transplants, they're very rude and are EXTREMELY faced pace. They have no regard for other people. If you're going to slow for them, they practically run you over (while driving or anywhere else). As I've also said, they have no respect to natives. For example, there was a statue of a confederate solider in Loudon(maybe Fauquier, I can't remember) that was near the courthouse. And a lawyer who was just passing through made a complaint about it and said it had to be taken down. While all the natives in that county were pissed because that proved that these transplants don't care about us, our culture, or our history.

I have a few more reasons but I've been on here to long. If you want to know them just let me know. If this offends you, I'm sorry but someone had to say it. And if you're a transplant who doesn't do any of the above, I apologize for putting you with the majority of transplants

Last edited by dylanfurr246; 01-31-2015 at 10:15 PM..

Old 01-31-2015, 09:49 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,239,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanfurr246 View Post
There, I said it! It feels so good to get it out! Anyways, I do have reasons why I absolutely abhor transplants but first, background information. I was born in Northern Virginia and I'm a 12th generation Virginian(came over to Jamestown). I'm also related to the Lees, the Carters, the Harrisons, and the Randolphs. As you can see, I have deep roots in Virginia and Northern Virginia. Anyways, my reasons to why transplants are no bueno.

1: Transplants have ruined the culture in Northern Virginia. They claim it's "diversification" but it's not. Diversification would be the two cultures side by side. Instead what's happening in NOVA is the transplants are getting rid of the native culture and substituting it for another. That doesn't sound like diversification to me.

2: Most transplants have not only ruined our culture but they've ruined NOVA. NOVA used to be gorgeous with her rolling hills and her beautiful bodies of water. Nowadays, since the transplants need somewhere to live, they ruin Virginia with subdivisions and concrete. NOVA also used to be rural. Prince William County used to be a place you go past to get to Kings Dominion.

3: Transplants have no respect for the natives or other people for that matter. I've noticed something about the transplants, they're very rude and are EXTREMELY faced pace. They have no regard for other people. If you're going to slow for them, they practically run you over (while driving or anywhere else). As I've also said, they have no respect to natives. For example, there was a statue of a confederate solider in Loudon(maybe Fauquier, I can't remember) that was near the courthouse. And a lawyer who was just passing through made a complaint about it and said it had to be taken down. While all the natives in that county were pissed because that proved that these transplants don't care about us, our culture, or our history.

I have a few more reasons but I've been on here to long. If you want to know them just let me know. If this offends you, I'm sorry but someone had to say it. And if you're a transplant who doesn't do any of the above, I apologize for putting you with the majority of transplants
LOL, yeah, it's the "transplants" fault.

You sound like a xenophobic, closed minded jackass.

You might be a DESCENDANT of former Virginians, but you haven't lived here for 12 generations. You have been here for however many years old YOU are.

If you wanna blame transplants for the loss of whatever you think is redeeming about NOVA, you need to get a look at the bigger picture. . .OR, maybe you can't see the forest through the trees.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:52 PM

8,827 posts, read 15,334,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanfurr246 View Post
There, I said it! It feels so good to get it out! Anyways, I do have reasons why I absolutely abhor transplants but first, background information. I was born in Northern Virginia and I'm a 12th generation Virginian(came over to Jamestown). I'm also related to the Lees, the Carters, the Harrisons, and the Randolphs. As you can see, I have deep roots in Virginia and Northern Virginia. Anyways, my reasons to why transplants are no bueno.

Do you not see this (in red) as at least just a little bit hypocritical to much of what you just wrote?

Old 01-31-2015, 09:54 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,239,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
Do you not see this (in red) as at least just a little bit hypocritical to much of what you just wrote?
DAMN TRANSPLANTS!

said a lot of Native Americans.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:10 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,237,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post

I concur with you.

OP recently joined and immediately dragged up multiple posts from years ago to basically whine about the same thing in each.

I'm a transplant - from 40 years ago. Traffic and congestion are worse now, but I think life is better and I absolutely love the diversity in nationalities and backgrounds of people in NoVA. I moved here from the South where there was much more interest in Southern "heritage" (read: Confederacy). I'm glad NoVA isn't like that.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post

You might be a DESCENDANT of former Virginians, but you haven't lived here for 12 generations. You have been here for however many years old YOU are.

If you wanna blame transplants for the loss of whatever you think is redeeming about NOVA, you need to get a look at the bigger picture. . .OR, maybe you can't see the forest through the trees.
I'm not xenophobic, I just don't like change. You got me on that. I changed it to say my ancestors. I've re-read it and saw that it sounded like I've been here for 12th generations which obviously I haven't.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
Yes I do.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:49 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,684,466 times
I was born at the old Alexandria Hospital (Duke & Washington Sts) in 1951.

Been around here ever since. Yeah, it ain't like it was, but what is?

The only transplants that annoy (the hell) out of me is the hipsters that started calling this area "the DMV" a few years ago.

Attention hipsters: News Flash. The DMV is that awful place you have to go to get a drivers license! "DMV" is taken! If you're as hip as you think you are....you should easily be able to come up with something original to call this damned place!!!! Hey, now that I think about it, TDP....This Damned Place kinda has a nice ring to it. Whattaya think? "Hey ma, I'm movin' to the TDP, I hear the traffic is awful, but damnit, I'm goin' anyway!".

Old 02-01-2015, 03:10 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,257,572 times
Just ignore the troll and maybe he'll leave.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:36 AM

142 posts, read 273,277 times
Wow...you've managed to **** people off in less than 20 posts. That's got to be some sort of record.

If it's any consolation, most transplants I know hate you too. There, I said it.

If you're just against change, move to Montgomery Alabama. I lived there for 3 years and they're still pretty much in the 50's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia