Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2011, 04:52 AM

1,558 posts, read 3,862,687 times

Advertisements

I would call your insurance and give them all the information you have, plus the police report, and let your insurance handle it.

I had an issue while driving in Amsterdam, NY - first day of vacation - on a Saturday. A truck ran a red light (no witnesses) and totaled my car. I have State Farm so I called my agent and left a message after hours, but also a 1 800 number to call. My car was deemed totaled the next day (Sunday) and by the time I arrived home later in the week, I already had a check in the mail. State Farm went after his insurance company under mediation. I didn't do a thing. At this point though - since it is the next morning, your insurance should be getting in touch with you very soon - or call a different number if you have one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 04:10 PM

3 posts, read 4,603 times
OK. I Was ticket for going 80 in a 45 i know for a fact that i wasn't going 80 because when i looked down it said about 60 somthing i know i went over the speed a little but this is just not fair i was on the way home and when i hit my road their was a car in front of me he didn't look like a cop at all he was pulling a trailor so when i got up on him i started to signal over and when i went by i was aleast at 50 and i was aproaching a 55 mph sign right around the corner keep in mind this a 2 lane highway and i had the broken lines to past but when i started to pass i was in the 45 zone me forgetting that it's a 45 right their because am use to always going about 50 up my road i passed the cop at about 60 and when the time it was through i was in the 55 zone that's where i got pulled over at and when he came he wrote a ticket for reckless driving i passed the cop not knowing it was one even though i was during the speed i was very nice about it and didn't even argue with him about it am planing to get a laywer and this my first offense. Am 17 going on to 18 in a month i know right for wrong but this right here is just wrong for getting a reckless driving tocket.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:26 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,266,154 times
The only advice I can give you (since you already plan on hiring a lawyer) is to please use spell check.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:08 AM

9,781 posts, read 15,815,772 times
I don't even care about the spelling, but I think that is the longest run-on sentence I have ever read. Please tell me you did not go to a FCPS high school, and if you did, please let me know which one. On an on topic, good luck with your court date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
The only advice I can give you (since you already plan on hiring a lawyer) is to please use spell check.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
I don't even care about the spelling, but I think that is the longest run-on sentence I have ever read. Please tell me you did not go to a FCPS high school, and if you did, please let me know which one. On an on topic, good luck with your court date.

I agree with you. Didn't want to seem like I was piling on.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,829 times
I was stopped today in dulles greenway for reckless driving 82 / 65. I have been calling lawyers but since this is a long weekend not able to talk to anyone. I do have couple of tickets from previous years and my DMV record shows I have a +1 DMV point. What would be the worst and best case scenarios.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:56 AM

Best case. Get it reduced to speeding 79/65. You can go in alone and ask the prosecutor if they will reduce it for a guilty plea. If not, you have a right to a continuance to hire a lawyer if you wish. Worse case. You plead guilty or are found guilty and receive a hefty fine. I doubt your license will be suspended and I know you won't go to jail.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:18 AM

7 posts, read 26,721 times
got a reckless today on leesburg pike near claiborne parkway. cop (officer middleton) said i was going 77/55. i've had 1 other speeding ticket earlier this year but that was reduced (same officer). not sure what my points are as i'm waiting to get my dmv record. i can't prepay, i have to go to loudoun court on july 8th. is this something i can do by myself or should i get an attorney?

and if i go to court alone, do you recommend i plead no contest, or guilty?

one more thing, how does a plea bargain work? do i talk to the prosecutor on the court date or can i talk to them before that?

Last edited by sixtwelve; 06-06-2011 at 02:32 AM..

Old 06-06-2011, 05:02 AM

7 posts, read 26,721 times
just got my driving record, and i have -4 points. crap. definitely going to take the improvement course this weekend, and since my last conviction was speeding over 15 miles, i guess i should get an attorney as well.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:35 AM

1,339 posts, read 3,471,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtwelve View Post
got a reckless today on leesburg pike near claiborne parkway. cop (officer middleton) said i was going 77/55. i've had 1 other speeding ticket earlier this year but that was reduced (same officer). not sure what my points are as i'm waiting to get my dmv record. i can't prepay, i have to go to loudoun court on july 8th. is this something i can do by myself or should i get an attorney?

and if i go to court alone, do you recommend i plead no contest, or guilty?

one more thing, how does a plea bargain work? do i talk to the prosecutor on the court date or can i talk to them before that?
I recommend you start using your brains and recognizing that your reckless actions put others' lives in danger!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia