Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 01:05 PM

93 posts, read 274,607 times

Advertisements

All the comments on the expense and length of the commute are spot on. What was not mentioned is that there is now a Metro station in Reston. You may want to try that as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 01:05 PM

2,189 posts, read 3,329,497 times
Agree with above, I would look at bus if I went temporarily insane and considered that commute. Eventually you could metro from Ashburn but that's 3-4 years away. That drive every day will make you crazy.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:50 AM

11 posts, read 11,492 times
I will look at Loudoun Bus. Thank every body for you valuable inputs.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:06 AM

15 posts, read 17,505 times
Welcome to the Ashburn area. I agree with the others about commuting times. Toll roads are an expensive option but they do cut out quite a bit of time. Another poster mentioned the Reston metro so that is something to consider as well.
I have found that most land in NoVA eventually becomes a developers dream! Don't let that deter you as the area you are looking for has many conveniences.
Have you looked into the Lansdowne area?

Old 03-27-2015, 09:12 AM

32 posts, read 33,393 times
I live in Brambleton, when I drive to the Reston Metro to go to the Pentagon it takes me about 1 1/2hr. If I drive to the Loudoun bus commuter lot (10 min). The bus at Dulles North take 40 min -1 hr max to take me to the Pentagon.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Hold View Post
Welcome to the Ashburn area. I agree with the others about commuting times. Toll roads are an expensive option but they do cut out quite a bit of time. Another poster mentioned the Reston metro so that is something to consider as well.
I have found that most land in NoVA eventually becomes a developers dream! Don't let that deter you as the area you are looking for has many conveniences.
Have you looked into the Lansdowne area?

I did look at the landsdown and what I read is schools in that area is not great.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msorsa View Post
I live in Brambleton, when I drive to the Reston Metro to go to the Pentagon it takes me about 1 1/2hr. If I drive to the Loudoun bus commuter lot (10 min). The bus at Dulles North take 40 min -1 hr max to take me to the Pentagon.
we did tried loudoun bus from culles north commuter bus it took about 40 min to reach union station. Whci works pretty well.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindside View Post
That property to the west of Ashburn Tillet Drive? Owned by William P Tillet, who owns the auction company (Tillett and Damewood*|*About Us - Tillett and Damewood) and the property adjacent to wax pool and belmont ridge (the auction barn)?

He already sold a bit of his property to the east (he has a street named Ashburn Tillet Drive), to the south (a street named Auction Barn Road), and by the looks of his age on his website is on his way to sell out his $4M (Zillow) property as well. The property tax on that land must be outrageous. And considering the desirability of land in this area, I'm sure his land will be sold to developers when he passes. From his history so far, he has no qualms about selling to developers.

I would not count on being able to access Belmont Ridge Road directly as that section of Waxpool is definitely rough dirt road.

The south property (42685 WAXPOOL RD) is owned by an investment company ATLANTIC INVESTMENT INTERNATIONAL, who picked it up at 50% foreclosure in 2010, so I imagine they're just looking for a developer as well.

Given the relative ease Loudoun county allows developers to get permits, I wouldn't count on any of these properties in staying undeveloped in the near future.
This is great information. Thank you very much

Old 03-28-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindside View Post
That property to the west of Ashburn Tillet Drive? Owned by William P Tillet, who owns the auction company (Tillett and Damewood*|*About Us - Tillett and Damewood) and the property adjacent to wax pool and belmont ridge (the auction barn)?

He already sold a bit of his property to the east (he has a street named Ashburn Tillet Drive), to the south (a street named Auction Barn Road), and by the looks of his age on his website is on his way to sell out his $4M (Zillow) property as well. The property tax on that land must be outrageous. And considering the desirability of land in this area, I'm sure his land will be sold to developers when he passes. From his history so far, he has no qualms about selling to developers.

I would not count on being able to access Belmont Ridge Road directly as that section of Waxpool is definitely rough dirt road.

The south property (42685 WAXPOOL RD) is owned by an investment company ATLANTIC INVESTMENT INTERNATIONAL, who picked it up at 50% foreclosure in 2010, so I imagine they're just looking for a developer as well.

Given the relative ease Loudoun county allows developers to get permits, I wouldn't count on any of these properties in staying undeveloped in the near future.
One more question,
Where Can I see who own land noth of [SIZE=3]Munday Hill Pl?[/SIZE]

Old 03-28-2015, 05:22 PM

239 posts, read 283,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katipus View Post
One more question,
Where Can I see who own land noth of [SIZE=3]Munday Hill Pl?[/SIZE]
The 3 acre plot? It's owned by Van Metre, the developer for most of Broadlands. Good place to put an oil rig, cell tower, lease the land to verizon for a fios substation, or another house if and when they buy the property to the west of it. There are many examples of Van Meter badly placing houses to maximize area, i.e. there's places in Broadlands where a house faces the back of someone else's house to maximize properties that can be sold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia