Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 09:04 AM

9,900 posts, read 14,211,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishOuttaH2O View Post
I will try DC Metro. It's just hilarious to me how offended everyone is with the race comment. There are all black people churches, all Asian churches, Muslim churches, but the second someone mentions a more Caucasian church...mind you, I did NOT say I wanted it to be ALL white people...because it's not like I'm part of the KKK or Arian race cult or something- jeez...not even close!....the moment someone mentions they want a *more white people church* everyone flips their lids! Lol.
Well, let's be clear, you did not mention wanting a "more Caucasian church", you said:

Quote:
Not so racially diverse as some that I've found online.
It would have come across better if you had asked for a church that was not predominately any race. "Not so racially diverse" sounds like you are looking for a Church that is mostly, if not all, a certain race (yet you didn't identify what that race is). Racially diverse doesn't mean black or Asian; racially diverse means a whole mix of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 09:17 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,494,005 times
Quote:
I will try DC Metro. It's just hilarious to me how offended everyone is with the race comment. There are all black people churches, all Asian churches, Muslim churches, but the second someone mentions a more Caucasian church...mind you, I did NOT say I wanted it to be ALL white people...because it's not like I'm part of the KKK or Arian race cult or something- jeez...not even close!....the moment someone mentions they want a *more white people church* everyone flips their lids! Lol.
I think its spelled Aryan. I'll look it up in the urban dictionary and get back to you.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:47 AM

1,784 posts, read 3,465,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
I think its spelled Aryan. I'll look it up in the urban dictionary and get back to you.
If it were an Arian church, I would also flee, but for entirely different reasons.

(Arianism rejected as heresy at the Council of Nicea, 325 AD, and is something Catholics, Protestants, and Eastern Orthodox actually all agree on)

Old 05-18-2015, 08:00 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,494,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
If it were an Arian church, I would also flee, but for entirely different reasons.

(Arianism rejected as heresy at the Council of Nicea, 325 AD, and is something Catholics, Protestants, and Eastern Orthodox actually all agree on)
That (my initial post) was a joke. Figured the OP didn't realize that Blacks also read some of these threads on C-D. He's talking about the Aryan race. What you're referring to is theological; I wouldn't attend an Arian church either.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:21 AM

20,135 posts, read 16,243,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
If you were in Louisville I'd have the perfect place for you about 10 minutes from my old apartment there.
Southeast Christian?

However, as to NoVa, I suspect the further south down 95 you drive the less diverse the churches. I live in a neighborhood that has a fair amount of racial diversity, but for the couple of churches nearest our home that we tried, I seem to recall we were the racial diversity for the service that day - lol.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:16 AM

26,709 posts, read 41,870,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Southeast Christian?

However, as to NoVa, I suspect the further south down 95 you drive the less diverse the churches. I live in a neighborhood that has a fair amount of racial diversity, but for the couple of churches nearest our home that we tried, I seem to recall we were the racial diversity for the service that day - lol.
You are correct. That church made traffic awful on I-64 on Sunday's. But definitely a homogenous mega church.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:23 AM

3 posts, read 1,895 times
there is DC Metro Church and Alfred Street
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: