Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2015, 12:40 PM

2 posts, read 1,457 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody. My name is Ken and I just moved to Fairfax not too long ago. I am looking for a residential cleaning service that I can use on a weekly basis.

Criteria:
Professional
Insured
Good track record

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 01:26 PM

5 posts, read 3,169 times
Skyline Maids is pretty good. We've use them on a recurring basis for the discount and it's like magic when you get home from work and the house is completely cleaned. Make sure to check their twitter page for coupons (@skylinemaids). The booking page on their site is the way to go: skylinemaids 'dot' com

Old 05-19-2015, 02:32 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,309,590 times
We've been using The Maids for almost seven years. I like that it's a four-person team, including team leader; they use a step-by-step process documented in a binder, with notes about your specific stuff; not only have they never broken or stolen anything, but one time they thought they'd broken a religious statue (one of my kids had done it, and I just hadn't gotten around to fixing it) and the manager called me with an apology and offered to compensate me for it. It does probably cost a bit more than if I was using an independent cleaner, but we've been very happy with them and I like not having to supervise people directly, or providing supplies (The Maids uses their own stuff), etc.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:43 PM

2 posts, read 1,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by politicotweets View Post
Skyline Maids is pretty good. We've use them on a recurring basis for the discount and it's like magic when you get home from work and the house is completely cleaned. Make sure to check their twitter page for coupons (@skylinemaids). The booking page on their site is the way to go: skylinemaids 'dot' com
That's awesome. I'll check it out and see if they work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmurphy View Post
We've been using The Maids for almost seven years. I like that it's a four-person team, including team leader; they use a step-by-step process documented in a binder, with notes about your specific stuff; not only have they never broken or stolen anything, but one time they thought they'd broken a religious statue (one of my kids had done it, and I just hadn't gotten around to fixing it) and the manager called me with an apology and offered to compensate me for it. It does probably cost a bit more than if I was using an independent cleaner, but we've been very happy with them and I like not having to supervise people directly, or providing supplies (The Maids uses their own stuff), etc.
That sounds great. Do you know if they take new customers?

Old 05-20-2015, 07:09 AM

2,136 posts, read 5,309,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmank View Post
That sounds great. Do you know if they take new customers?
Oh, all the time. I should clarify that we are serviced from the Sterling location. Here is the link for the Fairfax location: The Maids of Fairfax

Old 05-20-2015, 08:30 AM

53 posts, read 81,785 times
We also use "The Maids" and have been pleased with their service. They do a decent job of cleaning, have never broken anything. They give us a call the day before the clean to let us know what time they'll get there and always show up on time (this was important to us as we have a dog which is uncomfortable with strangers in the house so we work from home and she sits with us as the cleaners do their work). I'm not sure how the costs compare -- my wife did the shopping around -- but we've been pleased for the year or so that they've been helping us out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: