Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy living in Northern Virginia?
Yes, I like it here. 30 75.00%
No, I want to get out of here. 10 25.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 08:17 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,376,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowTune View Post
Whether he's been to Europe or not, he's still a person who's of European descent. Read some of my other posts and try your best to follow the logic.
You wrote "European", not "European descent". They are not the same.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:26 PM

154 posts, read 375,369 times
Quote:
I never said that all Europeans are bigots... I'm just not surprised when I find one who is.
^^^^^
Bigotry confirmed.

Bigot | Definition of bigot by Merriam-Webster
one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Old 09-27-2015, 09:57 PM

288 posts, read 346,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
You wrote "European", not "European descent". They are not the same.
They are.... European, European descended, European American.... All the same. I've explained this ad nauseam. Well call American born Asians, Asian .... We call American born Indians, Indian .... We call American born Mexicans, Mexican .... We call call American born Samoans, Samoan .... There's nothing wrong with referring to American born Europeans as, European..... There's no county or geographical location named "White", so it shouldn't be an official race or ethnicity.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:48 AM

998 posts, read 1,257,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindside View Post
For me, NoVa is Loudoun County. Unfortunately, it's remarkably unspectacular. You could relocate everything in LoCo to the middle of Nebraska and it'd be just the same.

To put it another way, if my job were not located here, there'd be no real reason for me to ever visit NoVa. The major export of NoVa is probably housing and federal jobs.

However, I relocated here, maybe someone who's actually from here may have something more positive on why they would live in NoVa (with the exception of having family in the area).
Your first sentence is REMARKABLY ignorant. If you're going for sarcasm it falls incredibly flat and fractured.
Have you ever BEEN to the middle of Nebraska?

Old 09-28-2015, 03:16 AM

239 posts, read 283,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poquoson7 View Post
Your first sentence is REMARKABLY ignorant. If you're going for sarcasm it falls incredibly flat and fractured.
Have you ever BEEN to the middle of Nebraska?
Nope, no sarcasm intended, just the honesty of my own opinion.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:00 AM

2,768 posts, read 3,549,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindside View Post
Nope, no sarcasm intended, just the honesty of my own opinion.
You should get outside of Loudoun County. Yeah, Loudoun is boring, so why don't you explore. Loudoun is barely even considered part of NOVA. Almost like saying NOVA sucks because Warrenton or Fredericksburg is boring.

As a military brat, I know that every area has its pros and cons. Usually I hear from people who haven't really traveled a lot that the grass has to be greener on the other side. Weather is god awful here because I hate hot weather but I deal with it. On the other hand, I've made some great friends here and I love the bike trails/walkability of a lot of the area (including some of the suburbs which you don't find in a lot of other areas).

Old 09-28-2015, 07:24 AM

9,900 posts, read 14,236,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
Yeah, Loudoun is boring,
Loudoun is boring? In what sense? Or are you just thinking of Ashburn when you think of Loudoun County?

Old 09-28-2015, 07:42 AM

2,768 posts, read 3,549,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Loudoun is boring? In what sense? Or are you just thinking of Ashburn when you think of Loudoun County?
I'm thinking in terms of the restaurant/bar/nightlife scene for younger people. It's mostly centered around families.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:54 AM

239 posts, read 283,139 times
Quote:
You should get outside of Loudoun County.
Hence why I voted for "No, I want to get out of here".

Quote:
so why don't you explore.
To Loudoun's credit, there are a few things that garner my attention every now and then, but I haven't come across anything that is absolutely unique to Loudoun county compared to all the other places I've lived. Things that I would sorely miss if I were to leave.

My search continues....

Old 09-28-2015, 08:01 AM

15,475 posts, read 25,947,050 times
Quote:
I am?
I have no idea. Just going by what you said about Europeans it is possible you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia