Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 07:40 PM

2 posts, read 2,706 times

Advertisements

Kinda new to the forum thing, so please be gentle with me. I am looking to relocate to Winchester area for my job. i know absolutely nothing other than what Google provides me in regards to the Winchester area. I'm 30 years old and single, so I enjoy going out and having somewhat of a social life. Can anyone tell me what the area is like? Is Winchester the best place for single life or are there other neighboring towns I should checkout? I'm a very social person, and about to pick up my life and move 12 hours away; I'd like to be someplace I can make friends and develop relationships easily. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 07:45 PM

9,875 posts, read 14,120,619 times
ok, what do you do for fun, that you consider your social activities?

Personally, I find that very social people will find friends, no matter the location or situation.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:26 PM

2 posts, read 2,706 times
I can't argue with that, but it can be hard in certain situations. I lived in Argentina for a year and could barely make out the Taco Bell menu before I got there, lol. I still made friends just took awhile.

I love live music, anything active as I am a bit on the hyper side. Going to the local bar watching a game, playing trivia, or just getting a group of friends together. Comedy shows, dancing, karaoke, kickball,etc.

I'm not new to picking up life and starting all over, this would be the first time to a smaller town which makes me a little nervous. Plus, I haven't been able to find much on the web.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:56 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,239,065 times
Winchester is a bustling small town. Not a huge amount of entertainment though such as live music. The Pedestrian Mall is pretty nice and the historic downtown is impressive. If you want a large amount of venues to choose from then Winchester might not be for you. If you're okay with "some" places to choose from in a great setting then Winchester might be for you.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:49 AM

2,090 posts, read 4,246,426 times
You are going to find the best live music in Winchester at the Shenandoah Conservatory.
Shenandoah University | Shenandoah Conservatory

Old 10-21-2015, 07:47 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,444,707 times
The surrounding towns will definitely be slower, smaller and less lively for a young person.

Your best bet is to get involved in the community -- there is a young professionals group, do volunteer work with the events on the downtown walking mall (wine festivals, Octoberfest, etc)

There are a couple of brew pubs and a wide variety of restaurants downtown.

Winchester is a very nice, small city and it is growing and doing their best to attract people downtown but I won't lie, it is not a booming singles town. Maybe you can help get things going!

Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia