Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 04:27 PM

1,652 posts, read 3,884,769 times

Advertisements

Hrm? It seems doctors in this area are sort of loathe to give patients nitrous oxide - or even lidocaine, etc. I find that weird. Where I used to live, both were sort of standard unless you said, "no, I don't want that" before they were administered. Is everyone living in this area assumed to be a druggie, or something? I mean, do they think someone would leave a gummy bear wedged into her/his molar for a month to develop a cavity in order to experience a few minutes of nitrous oxide sedation?

I actually took a sedative pill of some sort once when I was a kid and had to have a few cavities filled at one time - I went through a period of really terrible dental phobia around age 12, but I'm not so bad these days. Doing without novacaine when having a cavity filled, etc. just seems weird to me, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 06:28 AM

1,183 posts, read 2,893,568 times
I am terrified of the dentist! And I finally found a great one that understands my anxiety. He offered me the medication you take the morning of the procedure. Or gas.

I chose gas because I didn't want to have to worry about getting someone to drive me home after the procedure. They always give me a ton. I had a root canal done a couple of weeks ago and slept through most of it.

Dr. Palizi. Burke, Virginia 703-978-7900. Burke Dentist, Dr. Alireza Palizi DDS - Burke, VA Lumineers Invisalign Teeth Whitening

He's fantastic! And everyone in the office is very understanding of nervous patients.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:24 AM

1 posts, read 802 times
I can speak highly of Dr. Qureshi as a very good sedation dentist in Arlington, as he really helped me. His info is on his web site [url]http://www.arlingtonvirginiasedationdentist.com/qureshiy-bio.html[/url]

http://www.arlingtonvirginiasedation...an-qureshi.jpg

good luck

Old 04-20-2011, 08:47 AM

2,612 posts, read 5,592,784 times
Kevin Ryan in Springfield. I am absolutely phobic about the dentist. I had to have a ton of work done after avoiding dentists for over 10 years - complete reconstruction, basically. I did sedation with Ryan a bunch of times beginning about 6 years ago and it worked out fine. The thing with sedation is that you just have to make sure they give you enough pills - the first time they gave me two, and it wasn't enough. I had to stop them before they started and tell them to give me more, which they did. The work he did was excellent and I have never had a problem with it or any problem since. In fact, I've actually gotten over a little of my fear and can now get regular cleanings without sedation (yes, I needed sedation even for a cleaning at first). I've recommended him to a lot of family and friends and everyone who has seen him has been very happy with the work. He's not cheap, of course, but he's also not nearly the most expensive in this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia