Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2016, 08:35 PM

721 posts, read 1,209,679 times

Advertisements

According to the great reviews of Parc Vista at http://www.apartmentratings.com/va/a...6370579622202/, the approval rate is 100% for this apartment complex.

Therefore, I scheduled an appointment over the phone for a tour of it (at the address, 801 15th Street South, Arlington, VA 22202).

However, the building's sign read, "Park at Pentagon Row" when I arrived. I asked the front desk to clarify the name of the complex. She told me it was never called "Parc Vista".

When I got home, I searched online for that address, 801 15th Street South, Arlington, VA 22202. To my surprise, it seemed associated with three names as listed below:

1) Parc Vista: See http://www.apartmentratings.com/va/a...6370579622202/
2) Archstone Pentagon City: See http://www.apartmentratings.com/va/a...3415360022202/
3) Park at Pentagon Row: See Park at Pentagon Row Apartments - Apartments - Pentagon City - Arlington, VA - Reviews - Photos - Yelp

While 100% of the reviewers would recommend Parc Vista, only 6% would recommend Archstone, and Park at Pentagon Row only gets a 2-star out of 5.

Is Parc Vista now Park at Pentagon Row (or Archstone Pentagon City)? Are they the same place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 09:22 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,424,853 times
They are the all same place. Equity bought Archstone. New management new name.

Personally I put very little stock in online reviews as tend to be written by the most disgruntled people or shills. People forget they are living in apartments and not luxury hotels. I would consider neutral reviews (which list both pros and cons) as the most believable.

The Meridian is right near there and is a nice place check it out too.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd888 View Post
They are the all same place. Equity bought Archstone. New management new name.

Personally I put very little stock in online reviews as tend to be written by the most disgruntled people or shills. People forget they are living in apartments and not luxury hotels. I would consider neutral reviews (which list both pros and cons) as the most believable.

The Meridian is right near there and is a nice place check it out too.
Thanks for clarifying! I'll check out the Meridian.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:24 AM

2,768 posts, read 3,527,400 times
It depends what they say in the reviews.

If it's complaining about roaches/mice/bed bugs, then I would definitely take the online reviews seriously.

If it's minor complaints about fire alarm going off in middle of the night or unfriendly management, then I would take it with a grain of salt.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:16 PM

921 posts, read 1,131,736 times
Meridian does seem to be nice apartments, which is why I'm possibly considering them for my upcoming move this fall.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
Meridian does seem to be nice apartments, which is why I'm possibly considering them for my upcoming move this fall.
Meridian is nice, if you can get an apartment on the private side. The leasing agent showed me a unit facing north in the south tower. Although it was on the 10th floor, I heard loud dog barking sound that reverberated between the two towers in the early evening.

Nevertheless, my overall impression about this community was nothing but positive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: