Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 09:30 PM

3 posts, read 3,626 times

Advertisements

Hi all...first, let me say that I've really appreciated the information from this forum. You guys are all really helpful. My wife and I will be moving there this spring/summer....she will be working at the Disney parks, and I have a gig lined up to do tech consulting with clients all around the Orlando area.

We are you, early 20's, no kids yet. One of the places we are looking at is Alexandria Parc Vue at Lake Buena Vista. It fits our budget for rent...900-1200 and is close for her, and hopefully reasonable for me.

Any insights/thoughts on the place or area?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 10:01 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,940,258 times
I don't have first hand experience with this development, but here are a bunch of reviews on it.

https://www.apartmentratings.com/FL/...na-Vista_32836

I've rented from one of these large apartment buildings before and didn't have a good experience. They are fine short-term such as one year, but because everyone are renters, people don't take care of the property that well, it also attracts a lot of undesirables. Management is usually a nightmare to work AFTER you've signed the paperwork. Before the paperwork, they seem like helpful angels. The location of this property is in the "new" Windermere area. It's nice and safe and they have been building infrastructure. The school district isn't the best, so I would choose somewhere else when you are ready to have children. Have you checked craigslist for private properties?

Old 12-24-2013, 09:33 AM

388 posts, read 790,597 times
Are you looking for a one or two bedroom for up to $1200? We lived at the District on Universal Blvd for a little over a year before we bought or home in DP. I thought the location was great and the amenities were really nice. It was like living in a nice resort. I would def say it's upscale. A lot of the apts around Disney will have a bunch of younger CM's making $8/hr, cause that's what they can afford. There's nothing wrong with that, but you will get what you pay for. If you're going to be traveling all over the metro, the location of the district can't be beat, minutes from 528/I4. 10 mins from WDW, 15 mins from MCO, and 15-20 mins from Downtown. You should be able to get a bigger one bedroom for under $1200/month.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:21 PM

19 posts, read 23,111 times
Default Lived there for a year

moved out in May 2013. The residents were friendly. We had 2 dogs so were outside frequently. Lots of people had dogs. Harder to rent a single family home with pets in orlando metro area.

We had a few cockroaches running up walls or on floor a few times. Some were coming out of bathroom floor drain. Had tiny ants in kitchen and one bathroom. They would rotate around where they were at...it was a bit maddening. Had most of our stuff in storage which helped.

Break-in and attempted break-in in complex while we lived there. Not our unit. Felt unsafe whole time there, but were probably pretty safe. Husband was paranoid. Was new to state. Tons of Disney employees. Which means they were young and FRIENDLY. Had to install lights/ceiling fans in unit in bedrooms and living room. Would think they would have been there already. Didn't want to live in a cave. AC units horrible. Old and small and very expensive to run$$$$.

Can't see Disney fireworks from the first floor in the back of the complex, have to be higher up (2nd? 3rd? floor).

I would recommend looking up by the Publix up the road. There is a new apartment complex (gated) behind the strip center. It's very new. It will cost more, but maybe fewer bugs??? Fewer break-in attempts?????

This place was extremely close to Downtown Disney which we liked. And magic kingdom ect. And it was super cheap so we saved a ton of money living there. That was our goal. But it was nice to leave!

Citrus Splash

Old 12-26-2013, 09:21 AM

82 posts, read 95,277 times
Sounds like a dump I would run fast from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrus Splash View Post
moved out in May 2013. The residents were friendly. We had 2 dogs so were outside frequently. Lots of people had dogs. Harder to rent a single family home with pets in orlando metro area.

We had a few cockroaches running up walls or on floor a few times. Some were coming out of bathroom floor drain. Had tiny ants in kitchen and one bathroom. They would rotate around where they were at...it was a bit maddening. Had most of our stuff in storage which helped.

Break-in and attempted break-in in complex while we lived there. Not our unit. Felt unsafe whole time there, but were probably pretty safe. Husband was paranoid. Was new to state. Tons of Disney employees. Which means they were young and FRIENDLY. Had to install lights/ceiling fans in unit in bedrooms and living room. Would think they would have been there already. Didn't want to live in a cave. AC units horrible. Old and small and very expensive to run$$$$.

Can't see Disney fireworks from the first floor in the back of the complex, have to be higher up (2nd? 3rd? floor).

I would recommend looking up by the Publix up the road. There is a new apartment complex (gated) behind the strip center. It's very new. It will cost more, but maybe fewer bugs??? Fewer break-in attempts?????

This place was extremely close to Downtown Disney which we liked. And magic kingdom ect. And it was super cheap so we saved a ton of money living there. That was our goal. But it was nice to leave!

Citrus Splash
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando