Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 06:44 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,364,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Can I ask: what did you major in that landed you such a great starting salary .
Ditto
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 09:04 AM

17 posts, read 15,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Can I ask: what did you major in that landed you such a great starting salary (parents of college students would like to know!!).
I didn't major in anything as I didn't go to college. I joined the Army right out of high school, and here is where I learned a "specific" skill. I worked with the NSA, FBI, CIA, agencies alike. Computers is my game.

Last edited by Guytheman; 03-16-2016 at 09:35 AM..

Old 03-16-2016, 11:59 AM

2,768 posts, read 3,544,970 times
I would look in North Arlington (Ballston, Virginia Square, Clarendon, Courthouse) if you want good nightlife. That would be an easy short drive to Mclean (unless it's really Tysons Corner with a Mclean address). Try this website for affordable places: www.arlingtonurbanrentals.com.

Old 03-16-2016, 12:30 PM

1,630 posts, read 2,367,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
I would look in North Arlington (Ballston, Virginia Square, Clarendon, Courthouse) if you want good nightlife. That would be an easy short drive to Mclean (unless it's really Tysons Corner with a Mclean address). Try this website for affordable places: www.arlingtonurbanrentals.com.

Thanks for sharing this link, gomason.

Not to hijack OP's thread but do you know if they ever post 3-bedroom apt listings on this site? I only see 1BRs/2BRs.

Old 03-16-2016, 12:32 PM

2,768 posts, read 3,544,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK12 View Post
Thanks for sharing this link, gomason.

Not to hijack OP's thread but do you know if they ever post 3-bedroom apt listings on this site? I only see 1BRs/2BRs.
I don't look at it a lot, but I don't think so. I don't think there are a lot of 3BR apartments in Arlington outside of the new luxury buildings unfortunately.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:22 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,710,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guytheman View Post
I didn't major in anything as I didn't go to college. I joined the Army right out of high school, and here is where I learned a "specific" skill. I worked with the NSA, FBI, CIA, agencies alike. Computers is my game.
That's great!

Old 03-16-2016, 09:36 PM

13 posts, read 17,337 times
Alexandria sounds perfect for you! Woodbridge is building nice new apartments too near the Hospital. But do NOT move into an older home in Woodbridge. Another good tip, anywhere there is a Wegman's you KNOW it's a nice area. Anywhere there is a Checkers, Kmart, or money lending store that's a bad area.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:43 PM

13 posts, read 17,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
I don't look at it a lot, but I don't think so. I don't think there are a lot of 3BR apartments in Arlington outside of the new luxury buildings unfortunately.
3 bedroom apartments are rare. You would search for 2bedroom w/a den and that can be used as a 3rd room. You should also consider a townhome if you need 3 bedrooms. If you find an apartment the rent cost will be like a mortgage and you can rent a townhome for the same price. There are lots of townhomes for rent in NoVa. Especially near Quantico...most homes are rentals. Even new construction...Realtors buy them up and rent them out because they buy them cheaply before construction.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:29 AM

17 posts, read 15,852 times
Thanks for the assistance you all. You were really helpful. I'm looking into it now, so I can get my day trip this weekend organized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia