Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 03:45 PM

67 posts, read 145,698 times

Advertisements

Are there any outlet malls where I can consistently find +50% off the normal price? Would prefer anything within a 1 hr drive of alexandria
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 04:33 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,710,280 times
The three outlet malls that come to mind within 1 hour of you are:

Tanger Outlets at National Harbor
Potomac Mills
Arundel Mills

Depending if traffic is good, you might make it to the outlets at Leesburg.

Now, whether or not you're going to get 50% off normal price is debatable. There are some stores that are specifically in existence to be in outlet malls:

J. Crew Outlet
Ann Taylor Factory
Gap Outlet
Coach

Well, I could go on and on. Occasionally they will carry products from their non-outlet line that are past season and deeply discounted. You really have to want to pick through the racks in the back. Nordstrom Rack also does this. They have clothing that only Nordstrom Rack carries but you will find other racks that say "From Our Stores" where they've shipped off past season stuff from the regular Nordstrom stores. They also carry catalog returns that are a REALLY good deal if you can stumble upon them. I was just in Nordstrom Rack last week and a couple in front of me had picked up a Vitamix blender for a steal because it was returned from a catalog purchase and the box was open.

I am kind of embarrassed to say that I do a lot of shopping at all the malls. Overall, I find my best deals on women's clothing at Potomac Mill. After that, I pretty much shop at Tyson's when I want something that just came out.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:43 PM

2,683 posts, read 2,191,106 times
Potomac Mills is the best outlet mall you will find within an hour's drive of Alexandria.

Old 03-23-2016, 04:47 AM

4,902 posts, read 7,483,928 times
Leesburg has an outlet mall, too.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:31 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,510,972 times
I would try this little thing called "The Internet".

Old 03-23-2016, 01:35 PM

857 posts, read 850,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post

X2, both for research and more importantly IMO actually purchasing desired goods. IMO malls and stores in general carry very few items I'd actually want to buy. Time and time again I go to a store only for it to be reconfirmed that I would have been better off staying at home, saving gas and time and just ordering the damn thing on the internet. Just my input. Sorry to derail a bit.

Old 03-23-2016, 02:11 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,710,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedvedActual View Post
X2, both for research and more importantly IMO actually purchasing desired goods. IMO malls and stores in general carry very few items I'd actually want to buy. Time and time again I go to a store only for it to be reconfirmed that I would have been better off staying at home, saving gas and time and just ordering the damn thing on the internet. Just my input. Sorry to derail a bit.
Some of us have the requirement to feel/look at fabric and fit in person. I love when I order online and it works, but more often than not, it won't fit or doesn't look as good in person as it did in the picture.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:41 PM

67 posts, read 145,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
How do make sure your clothes fit you over the Internet?

Old 03-23-2016, 03:44 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,911,771 times
Male shoppers vs female shoppers-lol

Old 03-23-2016, 04:01 PM

2,683 posts, read 2,191,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
Male shoppers vs female shoppers-lol

I don't know, just last month I bought a toolbelt over the internet, but had to return it because it made me look fat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: