Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2016, 12:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,076 times

Advertisements

I've read through some of the past posts about home builders in the area, but many are several years old. We are just now starting to think about knocking down and building on our lot but are overwhelmed with the choices. We can't afford the TRULY custom home builders, but are looking at ones like NDI, Evergreene and Stanley Martin. Friends just recently built with Standley Martin and while their house is nice, I don't like that things that I consider standard are not included in their "level A" pricing (like crown moulding for example). Also, not being able to upgrade certain things to the next pricepoint without upgrading the whole house. We've been into several NDI open houses and I like what I see. Have yet to go into an Evergreene house but the outsides look nice. There don't seem to be a ton of options for narrow lots (we can't go wider than 30')

1) Are there others I'm missing that are in the same vain?
2) Anyone with experience building with these?
3) How much over turnkey on average am I looking at? ($80-100K?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 08:07 PM

30 posts, read 34,959 times
I just built with Evergreene. I think they have narrow lot options. And you can customize per room. We did it.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:51 AM

170 posts, read 199,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCMom View Post
vain
interesting slip

Old 04-29-2016, 10:24 AM

2 posts, read 2,076 times
How was pricing? Did you have to do a lot of upgrades to the base price?

Old 05-01-2016, 07:48 AM

30 posts, read 34,959 times
Quote:
How was pricing? Did you have to do a lot of upgrades to the base price?
We did. We spent most of the upgrade costs on electrical, cabinets, a deck and trim.

Old 01-03-2017, 05:41 PM

5 posts, read 2,754 times
Quote:
I've read through some of the past posts about home builders in the area, but many are several years old. We are just now starting to think about knocking down and building on our lot but are overwhelmed with the choices. We can't afford the TRULY custom home builders, but are looking at ones like NDI, Evergreene and Stanley Martin. Friends just recently built with Standley Martin and while their house is nice, I don't like that things that I consider standard are not included in their "level A" pricing (like crown moulding for example). Also, not being able to upgrade certain things to the next pricepoint without upgrading the whole house. We've been into several NDI open houses and I like what I see. Have yet to go into an Evergreene house but the outsides look nice. There don't seem to be a ton of options for narrow lots (we can't go wider than 30')

1) Are there others I'm missing that are in the same vain?
2) Anyone with experience building with these?
3) How much over turnkey on average am I looking at? ($80-100K?)

Hi, Do you mind sharing your experience with NDI? How much did you end up spending on upgrades? I visited their Clarendon model in FC last summer, the breakdown sheet said that house had 200K + in upgrades not including clearing.

Old 01-03-2017, 06:24 PM

9,874 posts, read 14,112,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bao2012 View Post
Hi, Do you mind sharing your experience with NDI? How much did you end up spending on upgrades? I visited their Clarendon model in FC last summer, the breakdown sheet said that house had 200K + in upgrades not including clearing.
Hi, me again! I know you are new, so I thought I'd provide some advice. If you look in the top, right corner of a post, you can see when someone joined and how many posts they have had. If you drill down further into their profile (right click on their user name) you can see all posts, and determine when was the last time they posted.

So, your most recent post asked a question of someone who only posted twice and the last time was in April 2016. It's highly unlikely (unless they set the system to notify them) that they are still reading this thread and will see your question.

So, it might be more helpful, with someone who may not be actively still looking at the site, to Direct Message the person, which I believe triggers an email to them.

If your question is for someone who appears to still be active on the site; please ask in the thread, so the answer may help others.

Hope that helps!

Old 01-04-2017, 12:44 PM

56 posts, read 95,687 times
We are building with NVP right now in Lorton VA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia