Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2016, 09:05 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,128,518 times

Advertisements

Has anyone actually used Meadow Farms for landscape design and installation services? I need some work done and like the idea of lifetime warranty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 07:02 AM

1,159 posts, read 1,289,993 times
The design I had installed wasn't cutting edge but the work was good. All plant survived and thrived. Lately, I've been trying to get in touch with them again and it took 2 weeks to get someone on the phone. The price is right though.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:01 AM

2,090 posts, read 4,247,503 times
My first try with Meadows Farms was not successful. I contacted three landscaping companies to produce plans for my yard. The Meadows Farms person didn't listen to what we wanted and we dismissed his plans before giving careful consideration to the other two designs. A few years later, for a subsequent project, we decided we needed to go out for more bids. The first firm we selected was competitive money wise with the first project, but once they had us as a customer they started jacking the prices for future work. After talking with my neighbor who originally suggested Meadows Farms, I learned that they have 50-60 designers. I got the name of my neighbor's designer asked her to bid on our next project. She had amazing ideas!!! along with practical solutions to some of our problems. The bid was excellent both when it came to the design concept and pricing. We were very happy with the results and will be calling her back for our next project. Their plant warranty is amazing - they guarantee the plants they install for life. Two of the plants they planted this spring died and all I had to do was email them a photo of the dead plant and they called me to schedule a date to replace them. I highly recommend their designer Jennifer Whalley!

Old 09-12-2016, 10:42 AM

2,867 posts, read 3,557,786 times
We used them about 4 years ago for a small area in our front yard. It turned out ok, but honestly was way too expensive for what we got. I want to say around $4,300 for replacing one tree, and adding maybe a dozen other items (mostly shrubs) to an area that was approximately 15 feet by 8 feet +/-.

They did honor their warranty however. We had one of these "whip" looking evergreen trees installs, maybe 3 feet tall. It didn't make it and needed to be replaced a year later. They did replace it and that one lasted. But did say they'll only replace it once.

Have nothing bad to say about them, except the price. That was a lot more than I thought it was going to cost. I had an 8 zone, 40-head sprinkler system installed at that house (.28 acre) for nearly $800 less than that.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:39 AM

103 posts, read 183,637 times
We hired them about 10 years ago and absolutely loved the designer who came to our place. He recommended not just the type of the tree, where to install and other ideas for our yard. We have a corner unit house and had a neighborhood street going by plus the builder did a crappie job with grading ..altogether they came up with an excellent solution that we have been enjoying for past decade.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:33 PM

4,224 posts, read 3,018,697 times
Our experience has been that Meadows Farms is very good for the basics. We've used them repeatedly for hardscape work and ground-cover planting, and have never been disappointed. And their price is always right. We've also had them in along with Betty's Azalea Ranch and Merrifield Garden Center to submit designs for more elegant sorts of garden projects, but they've tended to finish third. The other places were more expensive, but they were also more imaginative in their designs and had greater varieties of plants for us to choose from. Betty's installation work was marred by some communications problems, but the end results were and still are stunning. No problems with Merrifield at all. They even replaced plants that died over the first winter that we planted after they told us not to. The new ones died the next winter as well, but we paid for a third and final try that has so far gone well. So it probably depends what you're looking for, but if it's something Meadows Farms can do, you'll probably be just as happy while saving some coin by having them be the ones to do it.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:21 AM

504 posts, read 1,212,753 times
I prefer Merrifield and stopped going the MF after the poor job they did at my house. The landscape designer never follow through or coordinate with the installation crew. It was a mess. If you go with them, draft your own contract and make sure everything is in there, including clean up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: