Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 01:38 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,278,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Hitler was a regimental runner in WWI with no recorded kills.

Also he does not seem like the kind of person who would not have mentioned it if he had killed someone.

You were a police officer. Can you be convicted of murder if you did not kill anyone? I think it is odd that he is called a mass murderer, he could not have done this alone. This was genocide committed by a society.

Before, during and after the war there was a lot of hatred/mistrust/dislike of Jews in Europe.

If you wish to call Hitler a mass murder he was not even close to Mao and Stalin but I would say it was a societal thing and would have to be compared to the likes of Egypt and Rome.
Um, yes! Be the getaway driver at a bank robbery and your accomplice shoots and kills someone in the bank. You're just as guilty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 07:36 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,505,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffxdata View Post
Are you a Hitler apologist? I mean is your core argument really "Hitler wasn't all that bad for his time"? I mean many people in the US hate those who practice Islam, but it's still a big leap to round them all up and systematically starve and gas them. And really what is your point?
I am not a Hitler apologist? Are you someone who feels the need to "glorify" Hitler? I mean he did not do it alone, I would say he was a cog in a machine or a product of his environment.

Can you say if it were not for Hitler that there would have been no genocide or WWII? I am not even sure the holocaust was his idea. I do not think he was that "creative". I think he was a product and a tool. I see no reason to make him more than that. Less than that maybe. I think on a personal level he was a coward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffxdata View Post
Jefferson Davis wasn't a good person by historical or present standards. We shouldn't be honoring him with roads. And it's not like the road has been called that since the Civil War; it was named that nearly a century later. Do you have the same reverence for all 1950s and 60s era history?
OH, I see now, it is you again. I already addressed you on this.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Um, yes! Be the getaway driver at a bank robbery and your accomplice shoots and kills someone in the bank. You're just as guilty.
I am not saying he was not guilty, but you make my point for me. He was not one of the worst "mass murderers" when you can lump in all the people that helped Mao and Stalin in front of him as they were guilty as well. Not to mention the 10's of millions that were accomplices with Hitler.

He was a worm, a roach and not even as good at what people wish to remember him for as others.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
Runner was considered a dangerous job in World war I. It is known that he was seriously wounded a number of times.
This has nothing to do with what I said, but nice try.
Quote:
And I had no idea that the WW I combatants kept track of kills by individual soldiers.
What was his Iron Cross you mentioned for? I am sure an award would have some details in it?

And even though he may not have had documented kills he does not seem like the kind of person that would keep that detail out when he later rose to power. Not to mention his contemporaries from his unit who would have had good reason to state these things for personal gain.

Quote:
That must have been quite a job when a single battle could produce casualties in the millions...and sticking your head up out of the trench could mean instant death.
I know fighter pilots, sub crews, naval gunners, etc kept track of their confirmed kills but never those of infantrymen. I'd like to read about it...do you have a link?
I was an Infantryman, were you? Sometimes you would not know if you injured or killed someone, others you would and others you and your unit would. Infantrymen talk, talk a lot. Do you have any information on Hitler actually killing anyone or is this all some kind of fantasy you have?
Quote:
Also, I have no idea how you could have any insight into what Hitler would have mentioned to anyone about anything.
OH, I am sorry, I thought you knew more about history. You see Hitler was known as a great orator. There are actually recordings of some of his speeches, you can start on YouTube, there is documentation and news about what he said, accounts with people he talked to before, during and after the war. If you need help getting started try some books. After you educate yourself come back if you wish to have an intelligent discussion.

Old 09-25-2016, 08:39 AM

21,033 posts, read 27,375,746 times
It is sad the liberal history revisionists are active in Alexandria. It will be very hard to ignore what happened in Alexandria during the colonial, American Revolution, and American Civil War periods.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:54 AM

4,709 posts, read 12,696,767 times
Quote:
I was an Infantryman....
Well, that explains everything!

So long, professor.

Old 09-25-2016, 04:11 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,130,266 times
Default Such a small stretch of US1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
It is sad the liberal history revisionists are active in Alexandria. It will be very hard to ignore what happened in Alexandria during the colonial, American Revolution, and American Civil War periods.
So the effect of city council focusing on this 5 mile stretch of hwy 1 is the extent of the city's reach. Roughly the harbor/ park south of Reagan to the beltway. I think excluding Del Ray too. With such a small area, will the state even bother putting new signs for that small stretch?

https://www.maptechnica.com/city-map...ria/VA/5101000

Old 09-25-2016, 05:08 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,696,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
So the effect of city council focusing on this 5 mile stretch of hwy 1 is the extent of the city's reach. Roughly the harbor/ park south of Reagan to the beltway. I think excluding Del Ray too. With such a small area, will the state even bother putting new signs for that small stretch?

https://www.maptechnica.com/city-map...ria/VA/5101000
The Jeff Davis Hwy stretch in the city is only about 2 miles (from Four Mile Run to the Monroe St bridge), then it's Henry St (southbound) and Patrick St (northbound) to the Beltway.

I believe that (non-Interstate) street signage is a local responsibility. I know that Fairfax County produces their own street signs.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Well, that explains everything!

So long, professor.
It does not explain why you think Hitler killed anyone just because he had an Iron Cross. Can you tell us that it was for?

It does not explain why you think infantrymen keep track of kills, especially when it has been documented?

It does not explain why you think it is so hard to know what Hitler said when there are numerous recordings, writings and personal accounts published before, during and after the war?

Right professor?

Trying to insult me is a lame attempt at deflection. I am proud of my service and I could have had any military job except one. I chose infantry.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:23 AM

5,759 posts, read 10,746,197 times
Quote:
I think it is odd that he is called a mass murderer, he could not have done this alone...
I'm going to assume this just came out wrong. No reasonable person would deny that someone who ordered and perpetuated the mass murder (and torture) of millions was just as guilty of mass murderer as those who did the actual execution under his authority. Same for Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Omar al Bashir (South Sudan) Bashar al Assad (Egypt), Osama bin Laden, Abu Bakr al Baghdadi, and on and on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia