Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 12:13 PM

4,902 posts, read 7,482,435 times

Advertisements

Anyone else notice how few people are willing to say aloud (yard signs/bumper stickers) who they are supporting. I drove from Purcellville to Dulles Town Center mostly on Route 7 with side trips through Leesburg and Ashburn. I only saw about 5 for one candidate and one for the other.

When I got home, I drove through my neighborhood and saw tons of signs for one congressional candidate but only one presidential one.

Not saying which candidates; not starting a debate. I just find it interesting because usually there are plenty of both everywhere. Is it the same in Fairfax, Arlington & Prince William?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 12:39 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,586,353 times
Ummm.....have you not seen who we're supposed to be voting for as President of the United States? Sorry, but I prefer to keep crap off my lawn (attracts too many flies).

But I drove a little further west a couple of weeks ago to Winchester. Get over the mountain and it's clearly Trump country out there. Lots of pro-Trump signs, and "delete her" bumper stickers.

Old 09-26-2016, 12:50 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,510,251 times
I drove through Loudoun County last week and saw presidential signs on 9. I noticed because I do not think I have seen any in my area at all.

Personally I do not believe in putting who I vote for on my car or lawn nor do I believe in putting signs of any kind on my property. I think the worst I would do is maybe an OBX like sticker but really see no reason for it.

Old 09-26-2016, 01:15 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,702,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Anyone else notice how few people are willing to say aloud (yard signs/bumper stickers) who they are supporting. I drove from Purcellville to Dulles Town Center mostly on Route 7 with side trips through Leesburg and Ashburn. I only saw about 5 for one candidate and one for the other.

When I got home, I drove through my neighborhood and saw tons of signs for one congressional candidate but only one presidential one.

Not saying which candidates; not starting a debate. I just find it interesting because usually there are plenty of both everywhere. Is it the same in Fairfax, Arlington & Prince William?
I have never, and would never, put a sign in my yard or stickers on my car....but you're right, there are not many around that I've noticed.

But, how about the bazillion signs that normally are placed by the campaigns on public property, median strips, etc. Haven't seen many of them either...is it too early?

Old 09-26-2016, 01:20 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,248,062 times
I've seen more yard signs appear in the past week in Alexandria. About 3 weeks ago I could count the number of signs on one hand; suddenly they've started springing up.

This weekend I traveled around Mt Vernon, Telegraph Rd, and Franconia in Fairfax County and I only saw one sign.

Old 09-26-2016, 01:23 PM

540 posts, read 793,101 times
My neighborhood is about 2:1 D, but it is always the Rs who put up yard signs. Nothing this time around.

Old 09-26-2016, 01:45 PM

2,092 posts, read 4,260,728 times
Only one yard sign in my neighborhood for Clinton.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:29 PM

4,902 posts, read 7,482,435 times
So, apparently, this is not a good year to own a printing company.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:44 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,586,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromReston View Post
Only one yard sign in my neighborhood for Clinton.

A little early for Halloween decorations...

Old 09-26-2016, 02:49 PM

26,709 posts, read 41,868,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post

Haven't noticed any obvious ones in Arlington. Very happy not to though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia