Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 03:19 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,288,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
I used to live pretty much exactly at that intersection until a few years ago. I'd say that neighborhood and the area off of Hastings Drive are the best parts of Mannassas. I wouldn't worry about crime - some petty stuff like car break ins on the street. I don't think I've heard of anything serious ever in that area. Pretty dog friendly with walking trails.

That area is only getting more and more developed. I lived off of Sudley Manor before the bridge was built that connected to Bristow/Gainesville. It was amazing to watch the traffic on Sudley Manor skyrocket. It should be noted that the Virginia Railway Express is currently studying adding a train station on Sudley Manor or adjacent Wellington Road. That would be a huge resale boon to be able to advertise for trains going into Alexandria/DC within a mile.

The cons are just about everything: traffic is horrendous (depends how far youre commuting though I guess), schools aren't as good as Fairfax, and the restaurant/bar scene blows in comparison to Fairfax (im a foodie so this probably matters more to me than you). You get what you pay for though - there's a reason the housing is cheaper.
Which area are you trying to say is safe to the OP? Coverstone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 03:59 PM

11 posts, read 13,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
I used to live pretty much exactly at that intersection until a few years ago. I'd say that neighborhood and the area off of Hastings Drive are the best parts of Mannassas. I wouldn't worry about crime - some petty stuff like car break ins on the street. I don't think I've heard of anything serious ever in that area. Pretty dog friendly with walking trails.

That area is only getting more and more developed. I lived off of Sudley Manor before the bridge was built that connected to Bristow/Gainesville. It was amazing to watch the traffic on Sudley Manor skyrocket. It should be noted that the Virginia Railway Express is currently studying adding a train station on Sudley Manor or adjacent Wellington Road. That would be a huge resale boon to be able to advertise for trains going into Alexandria/DC within a mile.

The cons are just about everything: traffic is horrendous (depends how far youre commuting though I guess), schools aren't as good as Fairfax, and the restaurant/bar scene blows in comparison to Fairfax (im a foodie so this probably matters more to me than you). You get what you pay for though - there's a reason the housing is cheaper.
Whoa, thanks for the info! I looked up and yes, it seems like they are planning some sorta extension up to Haymarket which makes total sense... and the property that I am signing for is within a range! This is super awesome since they are expanding the 66 as well!! (Though it will take like 5 years) It seems like this is our best bet afterall, thank you! But I had no idea there was a walk trails around? What is it called?

And as for the food... yeah, I live for food so it sucks but I guess Gainesville and Fairoaks will be only 15 minutes away from me

Old 12-12-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Which area are you trying to say is safe to the OP? Coverstone?
Oh by the way I finally found the name of subdivision - I think it is called Winfield, right next to Paradise according to this website... and there's ABSOLUTELY no information about it when I Google'd for it this whole morning! I have a feeling that they parted off from Paradise not too long ago, since all the realtor websites tell me my house is in Paradise subdivision when it is not...

https://nextdoor.com/neighborhood/wi...-manassas--va/

Old 12-13-2016, 04:07 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,288,750 times
Much of the area on the south side of Coverstone is generally a very good area. Just Coverstone and any part that touches it is something I would avoid.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:41 PM

2,768 posts, read 3,543,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unamsaying View Post
Oh by the way I finally found the name of subdivision - I think it is called Winfield, right next to Paradise according to this website... and there's ABSOLUTELY no information about it when I Google'd for it this whole morning! I have a feeling that they parted off from Paradise not too long ago, since all the realtor websites tell me my house is in Paradise subdivision when it is not...

https://nextdoor.com/neighborhood/wi...-manassas--va/
I used to live exactly in that area although I could have never told you the name of it. As of a few years ago, it was all one huge HOA with thousands of residents.

The trail goes between the community center on Seymour Road and Rhodes Drive. It doesnt have a name that I am aware of. Fairly short but tons of open space for dogs.

And again, only crime I was ever aware of was auto break-ins on the street.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:44 PM

429 posts, read 956,221 times
Hi there. I live in the neighborhood you are looking at. We've been here for about 3 years and no complaints, really. Our neighbors are fairly quiet and we love the close proximity to 66, however I wouldn't walk around here at night by myself. The neighborhood is better than some but not long ago we had two young men shot within 3 blocks in a drug deal gone bad. Neither lived here but were walking through the neighborhood. One of the young men crawled up and died in someone's backyard.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:30 AM

Bigfoot and gomason, thank you so much for the info and sorry for the late response! I will definitely keep my eyes out for that trail

D&C, that is one scary news... but HELLO NEIGHBOR! I actually came across your post back in '13 while I was digging for neighborhood's information, I am glad to hear that you settled in this neighborhood and you liked it because it seemed like you were very serious. If you liked it so far, I am sure we will like it there as well! Thank you - and we will definitely stay inside when it becomes dark!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia