Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 12:21 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,310,264 times

Advertisements

We are also getting Metro soon. Probably not soon enough for the OP's move, but construction is well underway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 11:51 AM

30 posts, read 30,389 times
Default Reston done deal

Reston it is. Got more or less what we wanted. Price range wasn't bad, of course it was up from my initial wants on spending but the house is in good condition. Building inspector was impressed and we paid extra for a roof inspection and electrician to verify what we thought. So over the next so many years we'll have projects but overall very happy.

Now to find a property mgt company that will watch the place until we move in. I've checked with 3 and none will manage an empty property only deal with ones that have tenants. Any recommendations out there for a professional service? We have friends but they are scattered around the area and do not want to put that burden on them.

Old 10-08-2017, 01:47 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,310,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelAdgitator View Post
Reston it is. Got more or less what we wanted. Price range wasn't bad, of course it was up from my initial wants on spending but the house is in good condition. Building inspector was impressed and we paid extra for a roof inspection and electrician to verify what we thought. So over the next so many years we'll have projects but overall very happy.

Now to find a property mgt company that will watch the place until we move in. I've checked with 3 and none will manage an empty property only deal with ones that have tenants. Any recommendations out there for a professional service? We have friends but they are scattered around the area and do not want to put that burden on them.
I've never used this type of service, but this group may be what you're looking for: https://www.circlepm.com/retirees-snowbird-program

Old 10-10-2017, 01:28 AM

Thanks cdmurphy, we'll check them out.

Old 10-13-2017, 06:24 AM

2,282 posts, read 4,059,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelAdgitator View Post

It's always fun when the OP checks back in to let us know what they decided - thanks - and BEST WISHES!

Old 10-15-2017, 03:17 AM

My pleasure Watchful! Least I could do as the amount of info on these City-Data threads are truly helpful and better than any fish wrap showing graphs n charts. We get peoples' thoughts, opinions, experiences and that is good data

Old 10-29-2017, 01:27 AM

Another question Maybe the wrong thread and if so I'll jump to that one but since all of you have offered great advice, opinions, and what not, that did help us on our search for a school and a home, I thought why not continue.

What do the majority of you use for telephone service? Are you doing the bundle with Verizon? I know some will have had great luck with this and others will not have. Having lived all over, i don't think I could truly name a provider of telephone, tv, internet that actually looks out for the customer. Some have been better than others.

I see Verizon, Comcast, Cox of NOVA. Is there any of the 3 that standout better?

thanks

Old 10-29-2017, 04:42 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,655,576 times
I just bundle my landline in with my Verizon Fios. Last time I checked, the fee was pretty affordable for that and I still need a landline for clarity in talking with some at work (my cell phone quality is spotty in my house).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia