Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 05:33 PM

16 posts, read 21,208 times

Advertisements

Regarding the Dulles Toll Road/Greenway and EZ Pass..

Make sure to remove the rental vehicle from your EZ Pass account ASAP after you return the rental. I had forgotten to remove it and a couple weeks later the vehicle was used to go through the toll booths (not a lot) but 5 times and I was charged because the license plate was linked to my account.

I called them and they said I am responsible for the bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 04:22 AM

179 posts, read 299,232 times
So what are you posting for? To advertise your stupidity?

Old 02-09-2017, 04:29 AM

No, to note that license-plate photo-identification is being performed, which makes you wonder why do we use smart-tags if they are able to capture the plates perfectly each time?

Additionally, it was to help/remind others as its not something one frequently does with EZ-Pass.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:08 AM

526 posts, read 901,934 times
That was a really helpful post. The above response is typical of that poster but not of the rest of the community. I've almost made that same mistake myself, along with the opposite -- a couple of times I almost got in the EZ Pass lanes in a rental car but then remembered that I didn't have my transponder. I'm not sure what would have happened -- I'm guessing the ticket would have been mailed to the rental car company, who I'm quite certain would have passed it on to me (probably late enough to have extra fees piled on).

Old 02-09-2017, 06:02 AM

857 posts, read 846,098 times
Unless things changed since I spoke with EZPass folks, you do not have to add a rental or other temp. used vehicle to your account; just use the transponder in that vehicle. That should alleviate some of these issues.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:14 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,257,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle4Life View Post
So what are you posting for? To advertise your stupidity?
Come on mods. Why is the juvenile allowed back in here?

Old 02-09-2017, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle4Life View Post
You should do a partial charge back on your credit card for the amount you were not responsible for.
Thank you! Good idea, I have started this process.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedvedActual View Post
Unless things changed since I spoke with EZPass folks, you do not have to add a rental or other temp. used vehicle to your account; just use the transponder in that vehicle. That should alleviate some of these issues.
A colleague of a colleague had an issue at the Toll Road to 495 lanes without updating his account with the rental he was using and noted he received a violation for it- that is why I had added it to my account.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:26 AM

857 posts, read 846,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpiszcz View Post
A colleague of a colleague had an issue at the Toll Road to 495 lanes without updating his account with the rental he was using and noted he received a violation for it- that is why I had added it to my account.

Hmm. Right on. I guess maybe things changed.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:29 AM

16,427 posts, read 12,542,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpiszcz View Post
Next time go right to the source rather than relying on third-hand information

https://www.ezpassva.com/StaticPages/FAQ.aspx

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia