Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2017, 05:38 PM

4 posts, read 4,064 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving to take a position in Falls Church. Salary will be 130,000 a year. I've found an apartment near Reagan National for $2000 a month. I've never lived in Washington metro area. I would assume traffic flows towards DC, so I would be going against traffic from Reagan National to Falls Church, so less commute time? Also, my budget is around $2500 for rent, so if you have other suggestions of places to live I would be glad to hear them. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 06:06 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,435,213 times
In this area traffic flows everywhere in all directions. Heading west will make it a little better - 20 mins maybe?

Your budget leaves pretty much anywhere open for a nice 1br. The Ballston-Clarendon corriodor (along the orange line) is very popular too if you want to have easy metro access in a walkable area.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:12 AM

857 posts, read 849,923 times
I'd also take a look at Alexandria (Old Town area). It's only a couple of miles away from Reagan and offers more walk-to places (bars, restaurants, waterfront, etc.) if you are looking for that sort of thing. Also, tons of options for food shopping, including Harris Teeter, Giant (2 stores; one off St. Asaph St. and another off Duke), Whole Foods, Aldi. Depending where you are, some may be walkable. Also, within 5 miles or so are other options including Lowe's, Home Depot, Shoppers, Safeway, Costco, etc. Del Ray is also very close and offers some cool spots like the butcher shop, cheese shop and a bunch of restaurants. Either way, even if you are by Reagan, all these are within a short drive. Good running and bike path as well that goes right by Reagan.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:14 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,143,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd888 View Post
In this area traffic flows everywhere in all directions. Heading west will make it a little better - 20 mins maybe?

Your budget leaves pretty much anywhere open for a nice 1br. The Ballston-Clarendon corriodor (along the orange line) is very popular too if you want to have easy metro access in a walkable area.
I'm going to agree with this recommendation above since Ballston-Clarendon is significantly closer than Reagan airport area ( crystal city).

Recall previous threads for the under 30, single crowd that Ballston is the center for usual activities. Travel along orange line or driving should be a short drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia