Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 08:15 AM

15 posts, read 18,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
The Winchester Regional hospital is huge and has an excellent reputation. I think it's actually called the Winchester Medical Center now. I'm told it has an excellent cardiac unit.

The small town of Woodstock south of Winchester has a fairly small hospital that I spent a week in last year and I was extremely impressed with the staff there and treatment. Serious cases are sent to Winchester and serious trauma to NOVA. I've not heard good things about Front Royal hospital but numerous people. But a friend spent a couple days there recently and he said he was treated well.

Ok, perfect! I just like to have options a people's perceptions of the local hospitals, it helps. Thanks for the information it is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 04:04 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,293,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choff5 View Post
Winchester and Stephens City are still more than an hour from D.C. with traffic as are the other areas, if that's important. If you don't have a nursing job lined up you may want to work on that first. There's a fairly new hospital, HCA, in Loudoun County, otherwise not sure what else is out there. My impression has been nursing jobs are not easy to come by but with experience it could be easier.
Actually if there are no crashes/rush hour traffic getting to DC from Stephens City in an hour is doable. Right now G-Maps shows one hour and 27 minutes as their is a crash inside the beltway on 66 e/b.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:05 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,293,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelNurse08 View Post
Ok, perfect! I just like to have options a people's perceptions of the local hospitals, it helps. Thanks for the information it is appreciated.
BTW. The hospital in Woodstock had quite a few travel nurses working there. A term I'd never heard before but found out the week I was there. Very good group of nurses.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:08 AM

Quote:
BTW. The hospital in Woodstock had quite a few travel nurses working there. A term I'd never heard before but found out the week I was there. Very good group of nurses.
I'm glad it's not a priority for me to travel to D.C. For work, but I love the convnvience of being close. I have seen some postings for travelers in the area recently. It's reassuring to hear the travelers that are there are decent nurses.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:06 AM

6 posts, read 11,996 times
There are several hospitals and surgery centers ( my wife works at a local surgery center) in the Fredericksburg area. We also have the Virginia Railway Express (VRE) that makes commutes to D.C. A breeze. VA has personal property taxes so consider the rate per $100 when looking to buy.

Old 07-18-2017, 02:04 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,446,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdbtyhtr View Post
There are several hospitals and surgery centers ( my wife works at a local surgery center) in the Fredericksburg area. We also have the Virginia Railway Express (VRE) that makes commutes to D.C. A breeze. VA has personal property taxes so consider the rate per $100 when looking to buy.
VRE is great but how good is it for "playing tourist"? It doesn't run on the weekends and while it would work weekdays you couldn't use it for a night event in town. We live in Spotsylvania so I'm still looking at it for that reason but just not sure how well it works other than great for commuters.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdbtyhtr View Post

Thanks so much

Old 08-24-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:

This is helpful! I have been actively looking into the travel positions there

Old 12-27-2017, 05:28 AM

4 posts, read 3,482 times
HOT lanes rock. You can pick up slugs if it’s too expensive. Stafford is AWESOME!

If you can get in early enough, commute to DC is almost 30min.. Properties will be appreciating for years to come as the HOT lanes expand. Trains, busses or pick up metro from Springfield and get there in no time..

There is a burden of racism in the community.. example of the confederate flag in I95.. but this will be smashed as gentrification takes hold. Most racists are hurting for money and will cash out immediately if they can make a buck..

The schools are excellent.. we find them comparable to Vienna.. kids love it!

Old 12-27-2017, 10:35 AM

9,900 posts, read 14,213,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillWater434 View Post

There is a burden of racism in the community.. example of the confederate flag in I95.. but this will be smashed as gentrification takes hold. Most racists are hurting for money and will cash out immediately if they can make a buck..
Not sure you fully understand what gentrification is. It refers to the rejuvination of blighted urban areas. It really doesn't have anything to do with confederate flags on the side of a highway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia