Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2017, 07:33 AM

3 posts, read 1,678 times

Advertisements

Yesterday was another in the many run in’s I have had with the Trash Transfer Trucks that bring the DC’s trash to Fairfax , Prince William and other landfills to the south of PWC. These driver almost always are going over the speed limit and swerving in and out of traffic. Lately when I see one ripping down the road I distance myself. Is anyone else who travels daily on I 395, 95 or 123 having similar experiences with these trucks, it almost like they are driving in a Mad Max movie. Also is there any legal way to get them banned from local roads, I would like to get them off of Old Bridge Road in Woodbridge and 123, especially during rush hour?

Regards

Wedgie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 07:36 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,683,268 times
I can't say I've ever even noticed them and I drive from DC to PWC daily. It could just be the time I'm traveling.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:58 AM

15,154 posts, read 27,842,757 times
Contact your local political representatives.

Old 08-11-2017, 05:11 PM

1,753 posts, read 2,410,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedgie View Post
Yesterday was another in the many run in’s I have had with the Trash Transfer Trucks that bring the DC’s trash to Fairfax , Prince William and other landfills to the south of PWC. These driver almost always are going over the speed limit and swerving in and out of traffic. Lately when I see one ripping down the road I distance myself. Is anyone else who travels daily on I 395, 95 or 123 having similar experiences with these trucks, it almost like they are driving in a Mad Max movie. Also is there any legal way to get them banned from local roads, I would like to get them off of Old Bridge Road in Woodbridge and 123, especially during rush hour?

Regards

Wedgie
It's not the trash trucks that are at fault, it's the people driving them.

Get the truck's license plate if you can, see if there is a carrier/company name on the truck. Make note of the time of day, which roadway, and if it's safe to do so, see if you can spot a "fleet number". The more info you can safely get, the easier it will be for the company to figure out exactly who was driving. Call the carrier with this info (you can look them up online or in the phonebook), or make a call to local law enforcement. If you can prove this is a DC trash truck, contact DC Public Works. But, the designated DC landfill is Ft. Totten in Maryland.

Contact Email:*
dpw@dc.gov
Contact Phone:*
(202) 737-4404
Contact Fax:*
(202) 671-0642
Contact TTY:*
(202) 673-6833
Office Hours:*
Monday to Friday 8:15 am - 4:45 pm
Service Location:*
GIS Address:*
2000 14th Street, NW
City:*
Washington
State:*
DC
Zip:*

Old 08-12-2017, 07:26 AM

3 posts, read 1,678 times
Default These are Trash TRANSFER trucks-18 wheelers

The trucks I am referring to are the 18 wheeler tractor trailers with open top trailers that hall all of DC's waste to VA landfills. Also with all due respect getting info on the vehicle number and all the rest and contacting the company listed on the tractor door is useless. These company's make their money on how many loads get taken out of DC and dumped in Lorton and other landfills, they could care less if their drivers are speeding or driving recklessly as long as they meet their load quota for the day.

regards

Wedgie

Old 08-12-2017, 07:38 AM

15,438 posts, read 25,857,929 times
How do you know they don't care? Have you tried?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia