Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2017, 07:28 AM

948 posts, read 3,364,908 times

Advertisements

I looked back 5 pages to see if this was already posted and didnt find any mention of the story.

So many concerns of how a minor child's rights were violated as well as how powerful the police are and the chain of command that support them from a magistrate who issues warrants (and doesn't have to be an attorney) to a prosecutor who colluded with a corrupt/pedophile cop--and is currently running for re-election, and a dissenting judge who ruled in favor of a twisted cop.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-court-rules/
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2017, 11:26 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,302,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatergirl View Post
I looked back 5 pages to see if this was already posted and didnt find any mention of the story.

So many concerns of how a minor child's rights were violated as well as how powerful the police are and the chain of command that support them from a magistrate who issues warrants (and doesn't have to be an attorney) to a prosecutor who colluded with a corrupt/pedophile cop--and is currently running for re-election, and a dissenting judge who ruled in favor of a twisted cop.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-court-rules/
Some incorrect info here and you're also running behind on this story. While I certainly don't like how this was handled from the first moment I do lay most of the blame on the detective, who is now dead and cannot defend himself. (Not that I really want his story based on how he ended his life) Magistrates are not lawyers and I really don't believe they need to be. I've known some excellent magistrates for over 38 years and I've known some I did not care for. I've also known lawyers I really liked and respected and I've known some who weren't worth my time due to their behavior. Magistrates require training on their jobs and overall they do a good job. While the detective may have been a pedophile there was no evidence of this when this all started. The prosecutor involved in this, Claiborne Richardson, likely wishes he had never approved the obtaining of this warrant. I've known Mr. Richardson from the day he started with the CA's office and he's had an exemplary record as both a prosecutor and as a person. He doesn't hesitate to help out defendants who truly deserve a break when it comes time to make deals. He's a passionate person for the law but not blind to helping those when he can. He's also not the elected commonwealth attorney as that is Paul Ebert so Richardson is NOT up for re-election as you state. Mr. Richardson is up for a judge position and I would hate to see this one decision cost him this appointment as the residents of PWC will be the losers in the long run.

Old 12-24-2017, 12:39 PM

948 posts, read 3,364,908 times
Nah, I stand with my original belief that anyone who would agree to a warrant requiring a minor to masturbate so police could get their "evidence" was in the wrong then and now. Just because there's no public record of collusion doesn't mean it didn't happen. It seems very unlikely to believe that this was the first warrant that crossed the line or that this was the first time this cop showed a zealous interest in young boys. Your buddy showed extraordinary poor judgement seems to be an understatement at best.

Old 12-25-2017, 04:12 AM

You've always been such a pleasant person to discuss things with. I see no difference here.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:11 AM

15,473 posts, read 25,936,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatergirl View Post
Nah, I stand with my original belief that anyone who would agree to a warrant requiring a minor to masturbate so police could get their "evidence" was in the wrong then and now. Just because there's no public record of collusion doesn't mean it didn't happen. It seems very unlikely to believe that this was the first warrant that crossed the line or that this was the first time this cop showed a zealous interest in young boys. Your buddy showed extraordinary poor judgement seems to be an understatement at best.
I saw a meme that said,

Old 12-30-2017, 10:21 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,009,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
While I certainly don't like how this was handled from the first moment I do lay most of the blame on the detective, who is now dead and cannot defend himself....
Bigfoot, did you know the detective? If so, impressions?

--

Old 12-30-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
Bigfoot, did you know the detective? If so, impressions?

--
I did. Much younger than me but seemed squared away. I didn't work for M. City but still knew him fairly well. Or at least I thought I did. To say I was shocked to hear what he was being charged with came as a shocker. That said. If it was true then taking his own life saved some victim(s) from a lot of grief and I shed no tears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: