Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2008, 04:32 PM

10 posts, read 27,273 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard of or tried Let's Dish!, the meal-assembly store?? There are several in the Northern Va/DC/MD area...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 04:51 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,745,309 times
I have. The food tastes good but is not worth the money IMHO. What I mean by this is that most of the dishes can be made at home from fresh ingredients with fraction of the cost.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:26 PM

280 posts, read 1,075,369 times
I used it a lot over the past six months, and for my personal situation it has been excellent and I highly recommend it. I split the portions, so there is 12 meals for my husband and I for approx. $100. It was worth the time and money to get nice, fresh meals assemblied in advance, and a couple times a week we would pull something out instead of going out to eat or spending an hour preparing a meal. I also really liked not having to think about what to make. takes the pressure off.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:39 PM

847 posts, read 3,525,154 times
My step-mother uses them and loves them. She says that the portions are big and can feed a family of four with two portions.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:56 AM

8,991 posts, read 21,214,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroExpat View Post
I have. The food tastes good but is not worth the money IMHO. What I mean by this is that most of the dishes can be made at home from fresh ingredients with fraction of the cost.
I'm sure it's a lot cheaper to fix meals oneself instead of subscribing to the service. I imagine the target audience is those who lack the time and/or skill to cook on their own and find the premium price to be worth it. I've seen the ads myself; if I were a single person, I might strongly consider it.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:15 PM

15 posts, read 60,958 times
Here is a directory of a lot of different stores:
[url=http://www.mealassembly.net]The Meal Assembly Network[/url]
Seems there are a lot to choose from and they each offer something a little different.

I've tried some- they are a huge timesaver on busy nights....I couldn't shop at our local grocery (safeway) and afford to make the same meals. Okay, maybe I could, but I surely wouldn't have the energy.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:23 PM

2 posts, read 8,390 times
Default Has anyone tried Let's Dish?

Go to Entrees Made Easy. They are in Haymarket, just a few miles past Manassas, Virginia. They are the best around! They offer half portions which suits our small family of 3 just fine. I have saved so much money on my grocery bill because mostly I just get staple stuff and snacks from the store. They make all their own sauces and the prices are so reasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia