Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2019, 08:54 AM

9,887 posts, read 14,159,951 times

Advertisements

Hi -Does anyone know if the pricing on upscale watches (Rolex, Omega, Cartier, etc) is rather fixed (MSRP) or does it change from retailer to retailer? Would the exact same model Rolex cost the same at Lenkersdorfer Fine Jewelers in The Galleria as it would at Fink's Jewelers in Dulles Town Center?

I'm only interested in comparisons between authorized dealers; not pricing from online or discount shops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 09:33 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,362,947 times
The prices can vary, i.e could be subject to some level of negotiations with the salesperson you are working with. I personally have not been part of this process, but have heard that folks have been able to save a couple of hundred dollars or so.

The one authorized watch dealer I have first hand experience with and would recommend is Tourneau in Pentagon City. I bought a $2,200 Tag Heuer from them, which I believe is not really in the price range of negotiations so I didn't consider discussing the price with them. However, they offer a $250 discount on all watches that are $1,000 + so that was definitely nice! I am pretty sure they would apply the same discount to Rolex, Cartier, Omega etc.... all of which they carry and have a pretty solid selection to choose from.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:35 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,362,947 times
Forgot to add - they also have some pretty decent interest-free financing programs if you were considering that to be a payment option.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:19 AM

9,887 posts, read 14,159,951 times
Thanks. You can negotiate? Like a car? Huh. Didn't think about that.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:09 AM

1,159 posts, read 1,292,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Thanks. You can negotiate? Like a car? Huh. Didn't think about that.
Oh absolutely! My spouse and I were looking at diamond earrings and without trying they offered us 40% off list price. Watches wouldn’t have as much leeway but it’s expected to negotiate at the jewelers. Not Nordstrom or the like though.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:14 AM

34,258 posts, read 18,631,541 times
Everything is negotiable. There are SOME authorized retailers that will negotiate. Rolex is the most difficult to negotiate however. They are very adamant about maintaining MSRP, that is why some buy them, and others on the gray market.

I bought an Omega Speedmaster Pro (moon watch) almost twenty years ago from an AD in NYC over the phone, and got it for about 30% off MSRP. Not sure if they still do that.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:43 AM

857 posts, read 846,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK12 View Post
The prices can vary, i.e could be subject to some level of negotiations with the salesperson you are working with. I personally have not been part of this process, but have heard that folks have been able to save a couple of hundred dollars or so.

The one authorized watch dealer I have first hand experience with and would recommend is Tourneau in Pentagon City. I bought a $2,200 Tag Heuer from them, which I believe is not really in the price range of negotiations so I didn't consider discussing the price with them. However, they offer a $250 discount on all watches that are $1,000 + so that was definitely nice! I am pretty sure they would apply the same discount to Rolex, Cartier, Omega etc.... all of which they carry and have a pretty solid selection to choose from.
Have had good luck with Tourneau in Pentagon City, although it's been years since I bought my watch from them. Depending on what you are willing to spend, ask them about a warranty. I was lucky enough to have bought one for my watch ($250 for 2 years - covered any damage, for a $10k watch is pretty reasonable IMO). I did end up tripping and falling and scratching several links, which they replaced without any questions. Just an FYI. You can also bring it to them anytime for cleaning/polish for free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia