Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 05:55 PM

197 posts, read 167,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal.studz View Post
I'm here living since last 20 years, so nothing to get scared or to worry about. There are some points which might be easy for me to communicate

1. Need a surrounding where i don't have to look for play dates, kids would find new friends naturally
2. Seniors living with us would like to have some people around which share the same ideology (Yes, we live all together under 1 roof)
3. Need a safe and sound environments to celebrate weekends (Its similar to lets say... we all do have a special bar to go..right)

At the end of the day im looking for some answers, and seems like you guys just got some questions
if you can afford i... brambleton...

metro signs just went up... lots of south and north indians and food....

enough for me to learn the culture and im not indian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 04:50 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,262,124 times
Just wondering how many here that are white would move into a complex that was primarily Black, Asian and so on? I get what the OP is looking for. In the 3 decades as a LEO I saw this all the time. Folks wanting to live by others with the same shared backgrounds and so on. It's just part of life.

Old 06-24-2019, 06:31 AM

13,378 posts, read 27,097,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal.studz View Post
Any thoughts on the Silver Springs area for desi concentration ?
The places you named in Virginia probably have more desi people than close-in Silver Spring. I had see some families in the Cherry Hill Road area, but that is longer than a 30 minute commute.

Old 06-24-2019, 05:15 PM

107 posts, read 154,650 times
I am near Old Town and did not even know what a desi was until I read this thread. I was wondering if it was some new gender term I had not heard of.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:29 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,362,947 times
West Falls Church, Tysons, Fairfax and further west for Indian (and some Pakistani) communities

Alexandria, Springfield, Woodbridge, Manassas for Pakistani communities.

Arlington and Springfield for Bangladeshi communities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia