Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 12:07 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,994,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA_guy View Post
Yeah I like Tysons but it will never be an Arlington or Alexandria. The way it was built, it’s suburban and that’s hard to truly change. Like a lot of suburban areas now I think you’ll have pockets of walkable areas but it’s not going to be what they’re hoping for.

Also on a side note, used to love Whole Foods but Wegmans is far superior to me these days. I’ll still check this one out though.
I had a WFM within a mile for a year in Vegas, and never entered the premises. Had a Sprouts Farmers Market next door to me in Phoenix and went at least three times per week. But, it would still be a big plus if there was no market, and they finally offer a budget line. At yet another former home, had WFM next door, charging 89 for one lemon, while they were falling off a lemon tree onto the sidewalk on the short walk home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2019, 06:51 AM

15,471 posts, read 25,919,643 times
Is this really in Tysons Corner? The directions I found online show it across from the Trader Joe's. Is that the same one being discussed or a different one?

Old 11-01-2019, 07:30 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,660,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyngcsu View Post
Are you serious? Arlington and Alexandria are mainly the land of low and mid rise developments. Tyson's is on its way to being mainly mid to hi rise, this will end up in it being much more walkable long term.
Yeah the problem is that they've been talking about this since the mid-90s. Over 20 years later and it's still not there.

Old 11-01-2019, 08:01 AM

147 posts, read 256,322 times
Quote:
Is this really in Tysons Corner? The directions I found online show it across from the Trader Joe's. Is that the same one being discussed or a different one?
dkf747,
No this is a brand new Whole Foods that is going to be one of the anchor stores in the new Boro complex in Tysons.
The address is 8301 Greensboro Dr, Tysons, VA. It is basically right up the street from the VW dealership partially on the site of the old Westpark Hotel. (They used to host Star Trek conventions back in the day.)
The site is basically a whole city block which will be upscale.
it is supposed to be its own unit for all living there. It will have grocery store (Whole foods) movie theater, office space, park and condos. According to someone at my Bank of America - right across the street from the site - they are supposedly almost booked up. ( I have not confirmed this)

here is a website about it.
Apparently one can snag a nice condo for only around $750 per square foot!
https://natashaarefrealtor.com/real-...e-boro-tysons/

Old 11-01-2019, 12:32 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,994,231 times
Saw 280 sf for 2300 per sf in Hong Kong, on today's news.

Old 11-04-2019, 08:55 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,660,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjankis630 View Post
dkf747,
No this is a brand new Whole Foods that is going to be one of the anchor stores in the new Boro complex in Tysons.
The address is 8301 Greensboro Dr, Tysons, VA. It is basically right up the street from the VW dealership partially on the site of the old Westpark Hotel. (They used to host Star Trek conventions back in the day.)
The site is basically a whole city block which will be upscale.
it is supposed to be its own unit for all living there. It will have grocery store (Whole foods) movie theater, office space, park and condos. According to someone at my Bank of America - right across the street from the site - they are supposedly almost booked up. ( I have not confirmed this)

here is a website about it.
Apparently one can snag a nice condo for only around $750 per square foot!
https://natashaarefrealtor.com/real-...e-boro-tysons/
Idk why but I can see this area being abandoned in about 20 years. It's like they're trying to throw too much to make Tyson's a thing but then make it way too expensive for what you get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia