Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 01:37 PM

396 posts, read 604,275 times

Advertisements

Hi. We are in the early planning stages of a trip that will take us through the area on our way to Quantico, VA., would like to check out some:

- Coffee Roasters
- Tea Shops
- Candy Stores
- Wineries

What can you suggest?

Via Gettysburg, PA to (likely via route 15) Quantico, VA

We are planning stops in Warrenton and or Marshall, VA to go to the Red Truck Bakery and Blue Valley Winery in Delaplane, VA so far
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2020, 01:43 PM

22,452 posts, read 11,977,478 times
When are you planning to do this trip? Right now, many of these places are either closed or they are open but only doing takeout. Some wineries are open but with very limited service.

Old 04-20-2020, 01:45 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,313,301 times
We have had good and bad at Blue Valley. The last time the service was non-existent and we left. Perhaps you will be going close to Pearmund Cellars. I think you will. It’s in Broad Run and I’d recommend it for a stop.

Old 04-20-2020, 01:47 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,236,981 times
Plenty of wineries but I don't drink coffee or visit tea shops so can't help you there. I know Starbucks are big here but after that I have no clue. But from Warrenton/Marshall areas you can take back roads to Quantico but your choices will be limited in what you are looking for. Your route from The above places will be most direct on 66 over to 234 to 95 or Rt 1 into Quantico. 234 was never a hot spot on coffee shops but I moved from there a few years ago and really have no clue. But Barrel Oak Winery is a very popular place to visit and in the area you are visiting in Marshall.

Old 04-20-2020, 01:48 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,288,748 times
We love Red Truck Bakery. They are closed right now but you can’t go wrong there. Everything is great.

Old 04-20-2020, 02:21 PM

Hi, yeah, hopefully places are open by the time we make this trip (October 2nd - 9th)

As for coffee Roaster (Roast in-house, not a coffee shop like Starbucks or those kinds of places)

Old 04-20-2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
We have had good and bad at Blue Valley. The last time the service was non-existent and we left. Perhaps you will be going close to Pearmund Cellars. I think you will. It’s in Broad Run and I’d recommend it for a stop.
I'll look this one up. We will likely make 3-4 stops at wineries along the trip (Oct 2nd - 9th) down and back.

Old 04-20-2020, 02:25 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,236,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalemand View Post
Hi, yeah, hopefully places are open by the time we make this trip (October 2nd - 9th)

As for coffee Roaster (Roast in-house, not a coffee shop like Starbucks or those kinds of places)

I knew what you were looking for but I am only familiar with Starbucks just because I had so many addicted friends going to them.

Old 04-20-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
Yeah, we had a wonderful time at Blue Valley, got a private tour of the whole complex and my wife got to sample several different wines (while I has downstairs checking out the production and private room. We also got to see the Goats simply destroying all the plants they had just put out that morning. Turns out the owner has many goats and let's them run feel and they do and eat whatever they want

Old 04-20-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
[/b]

I knew what you were looking for but I am only familiar with Starbucks just because I had so many addicted friends going to them.

, cool. I don't drink tea or coffee, wine or any liquors, but my wife does, and the friends we will be making this trip with do as well, so I'm trying to find things we can all do and enjoy. My joy comes from driving

The trip has a nice large car museum in it, Gettysburg, The Red Truck Bakery (all things I like to do as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia