Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 11:36 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,767,328 times

Advertisements

It's time to remove the monster MLK. His mistreatment of women is shameful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 12:59 PM

235 posts, read 115,584 times
Okay this is gonna be my last post on this. I respect your position Old Guard I understand the Confedracy has strong connections to people and heritage. I personally believe anything related to the government shouldn’t have relation to the confederacy. The government doesn’t have any streets named after Nazis. But that’s not the point. If there’s one thing these protests have shown is that we have a lot more to do till black people in America get equality. I’m glad that instead of revenge we are seeking equality. And we have a long way to go in race relations but Phil Collins said it best. You can’t hurry love it’s a game of give and take

Old 06-17-2020, 08:08 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,499,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nva06 View Post
Okay this is gonna be my last post on this. I respect your position Old Guard I understand the Confedracy has strong connections to people and heritage. I personally believe anything related to the government shouldn’t have relation to the confederacy. The government doesn’t have any streets named after Nazis. But that’s not the point. If there’s one thing these protests have shown is that we have a lot more to do till black people in America get equality. I’m glad that instead of revenge we are seeking equality. And we have a long way to go in race relations but Phil Collins said it best. You can’t hurry love it’s a game of give and take
The funny thing is what I have heard from African Americans over and over is how Africans coming over from Africa treat them as not equal. This has been supported by statements I have heard from Africans from Africa regarding African Americans.

Old 06-17-2020, 08:18 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,499,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nva06 View Post
Also you are not coming from love, you are coming from hate and control. You have yet to address places like the Washington Monument and the Jefferson Memorial, though I am sure after all the confederate statues and other art is destroyed.

Frankly if this was such a serious problem to you I have to question your intelligence, moving to a state with confederate street names and statues when you could have gone 60 miles north or to the west and this would not even be an issue. My family is from the North and I came for the US Army but I could see your family history having a lot more in common with the confederacy given the history of slavery in Ethiopia.

Old 06-18-2020, 03:29 AM

4,454 posts, read 8,150,992 times
The woke crowd's already coming for Aunt Jemima, Mrs. Butterworth and Uncle Ben. Who's next, Popeyes Annie and Colonel Sanders?

Old 06-18-2020, 05:23 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,266,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneasterisk View Post
The woke crowd's already coming for Aunt Jemima, Mrs. Butterworth and Uncle Ben. Who's next, Popeyes Annie and Colonel Sanders?

Didn't Harvard fo away with "Master's" several years back? One of the Ivy Leaguers did.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:52 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,981,716 times
The most popular toothpaste in Asia..Colgate's dark secret (no pun intended).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darlie
Attached Thumbnails
Why Hasn't Lee Highway Been Renamed Yet?-darlie_toothpaste_over_the_year.jpg  

Old 06-18-2020, 08:23 AM

4,454 posts, read 8,150,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Didn't Harvard fo away with "Master's" several years back? One of the Ivy Leaguers did.
I wouldn't be surprised. Let's see how long before we can't call it the White House anymore...

Old 06-18-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneasterisk View Post
I wouldn't be surprised. Let's see how long before we can't call it the White House anymore...
Didn't they already get rid of colonel saunders in the US?

Old 06-18-2020, 08:53 AM

https://books.google.co.th/books/abo...AJ&redir_esc=y

Read crime and punishments..pp 136. James Madison, Sr. was a judge, who sentenced a man to death for stealing 25 cents worth of goods. There were no juries. 1767.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia