Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 07:10 PM

44 posts, read 32,875 times

Advertisements

My son is less than impressed with his current one. While he goes to the dentist every 6mo with xrays every year; this last visit he suddenly 'discovered' 16 cavities between his teeth.
From nowhere.

Needless to say, he wants a new dentist. He doesn't make a lot of money, and the bill he was handed for the 16 cavities would cost $4,300! He said there's no way he's spending that on someone who had a super Whoops! moment.
So if anyone knows of any good dentists in the area, it'd be much appreciated!
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2021, 07:35 PM

1,502 posts, read 2,667,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burakkupawaa View Post
My son is less than impressed with his current one. While he goes to the dentist every 6mo with xrays every year; this last visit he suddenly 'discovered' 16 cavities between his teeth.
From nowhere.

Needless to say, he wants a new dentist. He doesn't make a lot of money, and the bill he was handed for the 16 cavities would cost $4,300! He said there's no way he's spending that on someone who had a super Whoops! moment.
Thank you!
Why don't you start off by mentioning who the dentist is? There is no need for anonymity. If you don't want to do that publicly then just send me a PM.

That way folks don't come in recommending the same Dentist. One's person's recommendation could still be trash for you but....

Dr. Neibauer at Freedom Family Denistry in Southpoint has been excellent and doesn't lie like many businesses here do.

I also suggest signing up to the NextDoor app if you haven't already. Recommendations are pretty standard there. People aren't generally afraid to call businesses out for doing bad work because we are tired of it and there are so many dishonest businesses here.

I too hade a terrible experience with a Dentist here. He lied and said my kid had tons of cavities and when we didn't go back he padded the bill and racked up thousands of dollars citing false root canals and implants in my name even though I was never his patient.

Needless to say, I filed a complaint as this Dentist ruined my medical history with work that was never done.

You can go here and see if any complaint was ever filed against a dentist as well:

https://www.dhp.virginia.gov/

Last edited by va_lucky; 01-02-2021 at 07:49 PM..

Old 01-02-2021, 08:53 PM

10,091 posts, read 6,422,760 times
Quote:
From nowhere.

Thank you!
I've been seeing Dr. Trahos and now his associate since he was located in King George County - that's well over 20 years! Wonderful treatment and staff as well and the prices are decent.

Old 01-03-2021, 11:00 AM

Thank you very much to both of you!

I'd really rather not post any names. I still too to this dentist
myself. He's always been really nice to me, and gives me great

rates. But after what happened with my son? I certainly
can't blame him. If he's going to give over 4 months of salary
to a doctor? It's not going to be the one that let this go

unnoticed and get to this point.

He just didn't know where to start looking, as I've been taking him
to this office since he was 5yrs old.

Old 01-25-2021, 12:13 AM

572 posts, read 325,001 times
it is becoming so common for dental clinics to charge horrendous amount of money for the treatments. Do not know why they want to rob people.

Old 01-25-2021, 03:31 AM

9,875 posts, read 14,116,397 times
Quote:
From nowhere.

Thank you!

As an adult who has a job, he should be able to find a new dentist himself.

Old 01-25-2021, 03:06 PM

1,750 posts, read 2,399,151 times
Quote:
From nowhere.

Thank you!
I used Dr Matthew Storm, DDS for many years. He was so good that I still traveled to see him regularly for several years after I moved 50 miles away. I only stopped going to him because I moved overseas.

Old 01-26-2021, 05:52 PM

857 posts, read 843,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va_lucky View Post
Why don't you start off by mentioning who the dentist is? There is no need for anonymity. If you don't want to do that publicly then just send me a PM.

That way folks don't come in recommending the same Dentist. One's person's recommendation could still be trash for you but....

Dr. Neibauer at Freedom Family Denistry in Southpoint has been excellent and doesn't lie like many businesses here do.

I also suggest signing up to the NextDoor app if you haven't already. Recommendations are pretty standard there. People aren't generally afraid to call businesses out for doing bad work because we are tired of it and there are so many dishonest businesses here.

I too hade a terrible experience with a Dentist here. He lied and said my kid had tons of cavities and when we didn't go back he padded the bill and racked up thousands of dollars citing false root canals and implants in my name even though I was never his patient.

Needless to say, I filed a complaint as this Dentist ruined my medical history with work that was never done.

You can go here and see if any complaint was ever filed against a dentist as well:

https://www.dhp.virginia.gov/
Went to that Neibauer practice years back and did not have a good experience. Shoddy work, which required a return. Unnecessary x-rays. The impression I got was some young dentists rotating through that practice. Of course this can be considered an isolated incident (do not remember the name of the dentist I saw), so take it with a grain of salt.

Old 01-26-2021, 08:20 PM

Thanks for that spencgr. Truly. Where would I be without you telling me my role.

Old 01-30-2021, 01:38 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,908,228 times
I suspect the online reviews for a Dr. Cox (he has practice with wife) in Fredericksburg were written by his staff. I have a horrific fear of the dentist (I have had many experience with dentists after a broken jaw 40 years ago). After weeks of gathering nerve to call I was assured I called the right place. That was 3 years ago since I completed treatment. I could have put one of his kids through college. That's all I will say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia