Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 07:40 AM

44 posts, read 33,319 times

Advertisements

First off, no one should be telling you what you want (1,500sqft) is won't or unnecessary. They're not buying your home! You know what you want and struck with it. I've a 2,000sqft time on 6.55ac with a family of 3. What I do with my space is my own business.
2nd- Sounds like you're having doubts about your realtor, so time to find another. People should go with their gut feelings more often. It's rarely wrong. Your home is themissy expensive purchase you will make. You've reason to be secure in your feelings about finding the right person to help you. I've even used my kid's friends parents in the past, but due to lack of abilities had to fire them. The one that helped get us this home? Waited patiently for almost 9 months! She could've sold us on any number of homes sooner or for more. But was 100% looking out for us. She had an awesome sniffer and spotted 'water /mold issues' in admit 60% off the homes as soon as we entered. Alwayswas up front about her thoughts and impressions and I didn't have to drag them out of her. You need someone like that.
As for the market? I keep thinking it's going to pop like so many years ago, but we haven't quite gotten there yet. But word on the tourism is biden is going to push the banks to loan just as clinton did. So who knows?
As for these contingencies? Heck no! You've been burned already. Don't set yourself up for that.
And if you want to help a realtor, go drive by the home first. We looked at homes in a 60mi radius. We almost always would drive out to see if it was worth her time to drive out to the far off ones especially. And she greatly appreciated it. We were able to see the land and neighbors and possible problems that eliminated a large percent of homes. And if you find an older developed community, it helps ensure no close development. That was very important to us.
Best of luck to you! And go with your gut!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2021, 05:27 AM

57 posts, read 47,626 times
Your agent doesn’t seem to be doing much wrong other than there not being good communication between you two around your “wants”. There are so many horrible agents out there, and given that your agent has been actively looking for you, I would just stay with your agent but have a honest conversation (it’s a 2 way reality check).

I’d be the first to recommend dropping a lazy or bad agent but I think in this case your agent is being used as the scapegoat for market conditions, lack of homes that you desire and/or lack of communication (which is a two way responsibility).

I wouldn’t consider myself married to the agent but if there hasn’t been actual bad behavior then I would be worried about karma for being disrespectful for the time that agent has spent working for you without a contract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: