Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 02:17 PM

847 posts, read 3,526,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
There is not a good back-road alternative to 123 on the north side of town because of one-way streets and a resulting lack of ways to cross over Wolftrap Stream. The south side of town offers some better options, but the residents of both sides of town are glad that the town was laid out in general to discourage commuter cut-throughs.
Huh, things must have changed since I lived there a couple of years ago? I lived off of Beulah Road, pretty north side of town, close to Tysons and went to Madison high School, pretty south side of town, in fact the south-est before Oakton, and I could get to school in the morning without ever having to go on 123.

Vienna was like backroad central when I was growing up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 02:49 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,534,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novanative75 View Post
Huh, things must have changed since I lived there a couple of years ago? I lived off of Beulah Road, pretty north side of town, close to Tysons and went to Madison high School, pretty south side of town, in fact the south-est before Oakton, and I could get to school in the morning without ever having to go on 123. Vienna was like backroad central when I was growing up.
Well, all of Beulah is northside, but so is JMHS, and both are west of Wolftrap Stream. Beulah to Church to Lawyers to Windover, and you're there. But in the morning, you could just take 123. All the traffic is going the other way. Otherwise, even there, there is no way to get west from the Beulah corridor to the Lawyers Road corridor on account of the W&OD.

But I was actually meaning more with respect to an eastbound morning commute. All the roads behind Westwood CC are unusable in the direction of Tysons in the morning, so if you're on the northside to start out with, you almost have to get south of 123 to have any prayer of backup-less progress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia